Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SSD Missing Footage

Reaction score
Good morning all!
I took a flight this morning to grab some sunrise footage and when I returned I noticed my last recorded clip was missing from my SSD. That last clip is there on the SD card, oddly, but not on the SSD...can anyone help me sort this out or at least help me understand how or why this happened?

Here are my order of events...
  • Started in video mode and shot some footage
  • Switched to stills mode and shot a couple photos
  • Switched back to video and shot another clip - this is the missing clip
Just FYI: I’m running an I2 with X7 camera.

I’d appreciate any help. In this particular case it’s not critical footage and I still have the SD card footage but obviously the X7 ProRes is much preferred and I don’t want this to happen when it is critical.

From what I understand, I can check what is on the SD card but there’s no way to confirm what is on the SSD while on- location unless you also have a laptop with you but maybe I am wrong.

Good morning all!
I took a flight this morning to grab some sunrise footage and when I returned I noticed my last recorded clip was missing from my SSD. That last clip is there on the SD card, oddly, but not on the SSD...can anyone help me sort this out or at least help me understand how or why this happened?

Here are my order of events...
  • Started in video mode and shot some footage
  • Switched to stills mode and shot a couple photos
  • Switched back to video and shot another clip - this is the missing clip
Just FYI: I’m running an I2 with X7 camera.

I’d appreciate any help. In this particular case it’s not critical footage and I still have the SD card footage but obviously the X7 ProRes is much preferred and I don’t want this to happen when it is critical.

From what I understand, I can check what is on the SD card but there’s no way to confirm what is on the SSD while on- location unless you also have a laptop with you but maybe I am wrong.

Off hand, it sounds like your video settings got changed. I don't own an I2 but I can take an educated guess that there is a setting to record Compressed and/or Compressed+RAW (much like the photo setting of .jpg or .jpg+RAW). I assume the "RAW" option sends the files to the SSD. I'd bet 10 bucks the RAW setting got disabled when you switched from photo back to video.

Furthermore, there may be a global setting that sets the DEFAULT MODE to "Compressed+RAW." I'd bet FIVE bucks on that one. HA!

D

I’ve had camera settings change on their own, like Donnie Frank mentioned, when using a manual lens like the Laowa 7.5mm (would be 9mm on X7, I’m on X5s). Everything defaults to the worst image settings- jpegs for stills, and I think H.264 for video. Could that have been it?

This happened to me a few times but on Inspire 1 RAW, it was caused somehow by lost connection between the lens and the camera, oddly dji go did not reported that but I made experiment with putting a small piece of tape on some of the lens connectors and the result was no RAW files while recording video. Clean the connectors and make sure the lens is propperly mounted until you hear the "click" sound, then slightly rotate in the opposite direction to ensure it's locked. But it could be something else in your case.

I have had a similar issue. Wish I could explain when/why it happens. However I can at least share what I do to avoid being bit by it again (one important lost take for a customer made a serious impression on me...) I always check that I'm really recording to the SSD, which I do by verifying that the remaining capacity, displayed along the top of the Go4 App screen starts to go down when I start recording each new clip.

Reactions: MUTHU

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1