Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Steamer Lane, CA - Sunrise to Sunset - Shot on Inspire 1

Reaction score
Website
www.phillima.com
Here is a video I shot on Sunday with my Inspire 1. I only have one battery at the moment(two more on their way!), so I couldn't get quite as much footage as I would of liked, but I still wanted to post this to show the quality of the camera and the capabilities of the craft! This was filmed during 3 flights, two in the morning and one at sunset. It was also only my 3rd, 4th and 5th flight with the platform, so I'm still getting used to the controls. Doing smooth tilts is still a challenge, as is smooth pans. I had the EXPO on my phantom way higher than the Inspire allows, so it's taking some getting used to. Overall though, I'm stoked on it as a kit! Being able to tilt up past level is awesome and opening up a whole new world and having no problems keeping up with the surfers makes things easy.

The horizon is definitely an issue, it's easy to fix in the app, but I seem to overlook the problem when I'm shooting. Having a second operator that can focus on such things will definitely be handy, can't wait to get my second remote!

Let me know what you think! Be sure to watch it all the way through, some of the best shots are towards the end(sunset).

Enjoy!

Really awesome video, one of the first that I see that truly shows what I thought Inspire was capable of.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Here is a video I shot on Sunday with my Inspire 1. I only have one battery at the moment(two more on their way!), so I couldn't get quite as much footage as I would of liked, but I still wanted to post this to show the quality of the camera and the capabilities of the craft! This was filmed during 3 flights, two in the morning and one at sunset. It was also only my 3rd, 4th and 5th flight with the platform, so I'm still getting used to the controls. Doing smooth tilts is still a challenge, as is smooth pans. I had the EXPO on my phantom way higher than the Inspire allows, so it's taking some getting used to. Overall though, I'm stoked on it as a kit! Being able to tilt up past level is awesome and opening up a whole new world and having no problems keeping up with the surfers makes things easy.

The horizon is definitely an issue, it's easy to fix in the app, but I seem to overlook the problem when I'm shooting. Having a second operator that can focus on such things will definitely be handy, can't wait to get my second remote!

Let me know what you think! Be sure to watch it all the way through, some of the best shots are towards the end(sunset).

Enjoy!

Very clean and smooth love your shots :) great job

Thanks everyone. It was a blast to film and edit! I can't wait til shoot more with this thing, it's an amazing kit. Received two more batteries today, so I can actually get some real flight time in soon!

Legit video! Is the footage untouched or did you have to do some correcting during post to get it to look that good? If it's mostly untouched, what settings did you use? For some reason your video quality looks much nicer than some of the recent Inspire videos I've seen.

Legit video! Is the footage untouched or did you have to do some correcting during post to get it to look that good? If it's mostly untouched, what settings did you use? For some reason your video quality looks much nicer than some of the recent Inspire videos I've seen.
The footage was shot in LOG and then color corrected in FCPX. As for the reason it looks nicer than other inspire videos, I'm not sure why other than... I currently work as a professional DP and have years of experience editing and color correcting video, so experience comes in handy. I've seen some pretty nice videos from other Inspire owners though, it just takes some work and thought. Most people flying them are just posting their whole flights online, which IMHO is good for research, but a terrible example of what can be done with the platform if utilized to it's maximum potential.

The footage was shot in LOG and then color corrected in FCPX. As for the reason it looks nicer than other inspire videos, I'm not sure why other than... I currently work as a professional DP and have years of experience editing and color correcting video, so experience comes in handy. I've seen some pretty nice videos from other Inspire owners though, it just takes some work and thought. Most people flying them are just posting their whole flights online, which IMHO is good for research, but a terrible example of what can be done with the platform if utilized to it's maximum potential.
Very nice and as you stated editing means the world because as we all know any movies commercials etc. have been edited to look as great as they are :)

Enjoy!

Nice!

I've been asking about the quality of this camera now for several weeks...a lot of the beta testers posted videos, but really didn't talk about the quality of the camera or give us too much to evaluate...lots of shots of the Inspire flying. I do video professionally...and this has been my main concern with the Inspire...how does the footage from this camera on production models hold up to the GoPro4, for example? After watching this video, I am convinced that the quality is excellent...yes! I'm getting my Inspire tomorrow and I will now sleep well knowing that this unit can produce beautiful, high-quality video. This is a really nice video...great shooting, wonderful editing...I'm so glad I took the time to wander through this forum.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Great post work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207