Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still learning how to fly, SAFELY

Your dog is surprisingly tolerant of drones! I had to make a checklist because I either always forgot to put the landing gear up, or forgot to hit the record button! The landing gear is important because if it's down the aircraft is much less stable during turns.

yeah... your pup is the star of this video.... haha.. Its funny I "introduced" my parents dog to my Phantom.. Now they are buddies.. They play together.. The pup even smooches with it... :p

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Another practice flight, still forgetting about raising landing gear

Video removed

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
And another practice

Video removed

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Hi
crashburn, how do you like those cinemizer OLED video glasses? Do these work well for you? I like your video and based on where your were standing, these glasses must work well. What's your thoughts on this? How's the video you see from the glasses?

Appropriate your feedback, i had the BT200 but returned them, to heavy and uncomfortable and i need to adjust each eye since i have mono vision.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Hi
crashburn, how do you like those cinemizer OLED video glasses? Do these work well for you? I like your video and based on where your were standing, these glasses must work well. What's your thoughts on this? How's the video you see from the glasses?

Appropriate your feedback, i had the BT200 but returned them, to heavy and uncomfortable and i need to adjust each eye since i have mono vision.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
The Cinemizers work well for me, too old to see the monitor especially in sun. Using Nvidia Shields hdmi instead of the rc hdmi gives me a mirror of the monitor. See my posts at
http://www.inspirepilots.com/index.php?posts/8674

I have adjusted the focus on the Cinemizers for my bad eyesight, to the max, but can see through them ok, hopefully my eyes won't get any worse.
Using the rubber eye shield, about $38, really helps.
By the way, I'm still learning, quite an amateur since this is my first rc copter, so I'm surprised you like my videos… Thanks, hopefully I won't crash!

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for your reply.. I will look into these glasses later this spring. I am using my IPAD mini 2 and it seems to work A-OK. Had the IPAD Air 2 but it's to big and heavy on the controller.

Keep in touch and yea, your video and the sound was great. I am here in Boston Ma. and it's to cold and snowy to fly much. I have had my Inspire now since Jan 10th, and have been taking short flights in 10 to -20 Deg f temps. But it's to dam cold.

Best regards,
Steve

Hey, thanks for your reply.. I will look into these glasses later this spring. I am using my IPAD mini 2 and it seems to work A-OK. Had the IPAD Air 2 but it's to big and heavy on the controller.

Keep in touch and yea, your video and the sound was great. I am here in Boston Ma. and it's to cold and snowy to fly much. I have had my Inspire now since Jan 10th, and have been taking short flights in 10 to -20 Deg f temps. But it's to dam cold.

Best regards,
Steve
I'm lucky to be in SC where the av temp is 50-60 now. Going to New Zealand next week, so it'll probably be a month after that before I will get to fly.

Enjoy life and be nice

Hi

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Nevermind Cinemizer OLED.... I think you need prescription spectacles first judging by the size of that font !!;)

That flight over a public road would be illegal in the UK. We have had rules/regs and licensing in place for a while, one of which is not within 50 metres of people and vehicles not under your direct control. The CAA are starting to fine people with the threat of imprisonment for the worst cases. One guy was fined a few hundred quid for flying over a major theme park..... but the costs were around £4500 (around $6750....)....oops!

If the driver in the van had his attention taken by your aircraft and he ran over a child, you can imagine what he will be saying in his defence...... You would almost certainly be joining him in that hotel with very high walls!

That flight over a public road would be illegal in the UK. We have had rules/regs and licensing in place for a while, one of which is not within 50 metres of people and vehicles not under your direct control. The CAA are starting to fine people with the threat of imprisonment for the worst cases. One guy was fined a few hundred quid for flying over a major theme park..... but the costs were around £4500 (around $6750....)....oops!

To be fair the entire 12minutes and 34 seconds of the flight on Feb 5 2015 would be classed as illegal under the ANO CAP722 unless special permission had been granted under a a CAOSC. At no point could it be deemed that the structures or vehicles could be under he control of the pilot. And everything was certainly closer than 150m

But then - It's not in the UK !

That is true.... main point is not the legality or otherwise in various parts of the world, but that a flight over a road has the potential to cause a distraction, and although it hasn't happened yet (as far as I know) that such a distraction has caused a serious accident.... you know that it's coming, and when it does.....get ready for some headlines, and not good ones. You heard it here first.

To be fair the entire 12minutes and 34 seconds of the flight on Feb 5 2015 would be classed as illegal under the ANO CAP722 unless special permission had been granted under a a CAOSC. At no point could it be deemed that the structures or vehicles could be under he control of the pilot. And everything was certainly closer than 150m

But then - It's not in the UK !
Sorry for posting videos that may be considered illegal in your country. I will refrain from publishing any more videos of reckless flying or anything which might bring your sport into disrepute in your country. I have nothing to gain from publishing such videos, and have reclassified them as private on YouTube, so hopefully the general public cannot view them. I have practiced law in the USA for over 35 years and I am not concerned about the illegality of my actions here, but I certainly do not want to give our politicians, or those in your country, any reason to further restrict this hobby. I am new to flying, and have a lot to learn, and certainly will refrain from flying over public roads or over heavily populated areas or in other ways to endanger the public or bring unwanted attention to the sport. I will not publish any more videos showing any such flying, and if I do, please feel free to criticize me.

If you have the footage it should be seen. Pm me a link. I'd sure like to see it. Motorcycles wheelie, cars speed, and I leave the seat up all of the time. We can't all follow the rules all of the time. If so, we as a species would never evolve. We need risk takers to push limits. Yes **** will happen. I am not saying to go out and hurt people and I know I will be flamed up and down for this but the risk takers are the ones who often bring us to the next levels. They also get in trouble. Let them. It is part of the risk.
I know you will all say, "well it effects the hobby and then effects us all." We will have to roll with the punches. Rules are coming either way and me sitting here making some poor dude feel like butt for posting isn't going to change that. If you think we have a say in how things go down in this counrty you are blind. You will be regulated either way. Just be on the good side of that's where you want to be. But trust me, the dark side is sweeeeet.
Notice you never see any of my videos. You think that is a coincidence?

FRREEEEEEDOOOOMMMMM!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207