Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stills

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take 4000 x 3000 stills on the I1? 4:3 format

Mine is only taking them at 3992 x 2242, 16:9 format and can't find anyway to get it to shoot the whole frame.

This is a problem for me too - and quite a frustration at the moment as I want to make full sized pictures.

I have found that the image size recorded is (strangely) dependant on the form factor of the tablet/phone controlling the aircraft.

On an iPad - the captured image will be almost 4000 x 3000 (12MP) pixels, and on an iPhone 4000 x 2300 pixels (8.5MP) - so the 4 x 3 capture has 30% more pixels!

In my case the iPhone works well (apart from the cropped image problem), but my iPad is too old to work properly with the Inspire, and now I can't download an iOS app if I was to buy a new iPad.

Are you using an iPS or Android device?

Looks like I'm going to have to dump Apple and go to Android - but I need a tablet with a 4 x 3 format to enable the Inspire to capture a full image. Problem is - which one will work, and does anyone make a 4 x 3 form factor android tablet?

In my case the iPhone works well (apart from the cropped image problem), but my iPad is too old to work properly with the Inspire, and now I can't download an iOS app if I was to buy a new iPad.

Are you using an iPS or Android device?

Looks like I'm going to have to dump Apple and go to Android - but I need a tablet with a 4 x 3 format to enable the Inspire to capture a full image. Problem is - which one will work, and does anyone make a 4 x 3 form factor android tablet?

There is an easy way to instal the app on an iPad. My stills with an iPad Air 2 are coming out 4x3.

Yes - the iPad is a 4 x 3 form factor - and it works for 12MP. If DJI are unable to support the Pilot App on iOS in the future (In its current USB-Connected form), then I am interested to find out what Android Tablets will successfully produce 4000x3000 stills.

I think I found a glitch DJI please fix this. I am running the Android app version 1.0.3 on a Galaxy Tab S 10.5. When I select AEB 3 or 5 and click the shutter button on my remote, not matter what I try, I get only one photo, despite the app making 3-5 shutter clicks. If I press the shutter button on screen I will get my proper AEB photos.

Yes, it seems a bit silly to have the size of the stills determined by whatever device you are using!

I just used the AEB function last weekend - worked fine for 3 and 5 photos for me . . . Here is an HDR image I created using 3 bracketed photos.2015-01-17-Synergy Center and Tapestry Apartments-8.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it seems a bit silly to have the size of the stills determined by whatever device you are using!

It is extremely difficult to get a response from DJI over this. I simply would like to know which Android tablet will work with the Inspire 1 to produce the full (3995 x 2995 pixels) image. The iPad is great, and does it properly (iPhone doesn't), but with there being no sign of a resolution to the iOS problem, the only long term option may be an android tablet - but which one/s will enable 12MP?

I guess only ones with a 4:3 ratio. The only one I know of is the Nexus 9. Android tablets all tend to be 16:9.

hmm..interesting. i had not thought about the aspect ratio.
i may have to get a nexus 9 for mine. i have a two controller version coming..not quite sure how that enters into the picture here with two tablets. maybe thee camera one needs to be 4x3 and the master tablet could be 16x9?

I find it bizarre that picture resolution depends on the device being used?
Has this been sorted by dji now?
I'm still awaiting delivery, so have time to decide on tablet. I ideally wanted an ipad mini, but wanted to use for mainly stills.
Anyone got any updated information?

Many thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop