Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Struggling For Work

It's obvious the person making these videos for this place is not very skilled in the being smooth department. I figured maybe it was just this video but all of them they have are that way. Someone needs to point out there are functions like waypoints and point of interest they can use to make things a little smoother for them instead of looking like some drunken person going down a driveway.
It's just pure inexperience in all sectors.. piloting, shooting, grading, editing.... This is the poster child for "in house" Real Estate promos.

Reactions: Scoobywrx05
Wow. I mean, I'm no pro - I still need work but I would NOT sell that to a client...

Edit : I wouldn't even give it to them for free...

Reactions: Highrpm955
Thank you for all the kind words folks, I'm trying to get better daily. Recently shot this and I think things are getting better, still working on my editing skills and on this day winds were pretty bad but we fought through them. We're considering shooting again and have some different ideas for the next shoot!

I just looked at that real estate video that was used as an example **** I can't believe someone actually used that to try to sell a property it's almost embarrassing to watch

Just look around... What @Scoobywrx05 is true. There are terrible pilots everywhere.. just look at this dizzying example from what an "Agency" posted... I almost threw up. Terrible shots, no interior, confusing and distracting graphics..etc. What a mess.
What a mess!...Also shows why you need to know the position of the sun when shooting.. This looks like middle of the day which is the worst time to shoot.

I've started several multi-million dollar businesses in my lifetime, all of them successful. In my semi-retirement I started an art gallery / retail store / commercial photography / custom framing / leather work / laser cutting and engraving / and now, aerial photography business. These are all intererests of mine and I love going to work each day. It wasn't particularly hard to start this business, but it did take $750,000 over 8 years to make it successful.

To support our aerial photography we have a CineTank MKII, TurboAce heavy lifter, Inspire 1 and two Inspire 2's. We haven't even had time to promote this portion of our business, but due to a few videos we've posted on Social media that have garnered 10K views each, we seem to have more interest than we have time to deal with. It seems this summer I'll complete about half the pictures I've been asked to take. My clients often give me 1 year to take a picture for them.

So, here's the point: if you have a successful photography business and want to add aerial, you'll have a good chance of success. If you purchase a drone and have no reputation or established business, your chance of success would be very small.

Good luck,

Bob

Reactions: V tail
Most businesses get so many emails daily the likely hood is they are deleting anything that doesn't catch their attention

I am a full time I.T. Manager running an I.T. Department at the Corporate level. We, as an organization, pay very little to no attention to commercial emails. I listen to someone who shows up at the office and makes contact face to face, and drops off a business card. I have given work to people who do this.

When I first got my part 107 certification I earned quite a bit of business by talking to businesses in person, not by emailing.

Thank you for all the kind words folks, I'm trying to get better daily. Recently shot this and I think things are getting better, still working on my editing skills and on this day winds were pretty bad but we fought through them. We're considering shooting again and have some different ideas for the next shoot!

I know this isn't complete, but a quick note... with the pace of the music, you need quicker shot changes. I constantly look at commercial work (national).. and I look at how many scene changes there are in a 15-30 second spot. It's pretty amazing how many scenes are put together in just 15 seconds with this pace and timing of background music. Good work tho ... keep it up buddy!

Also... look at your background audio track, and hit those scene changes on the beat (for this piece), and whip it hard, with no soft transitions... You can scatter them here and there, but a piece like this needs nothing more than hard scene changes, and more of them.

Thank you @Highrpm955 it's a learning experience for sure, we were battling quite the winds that day which well, is no real excuse :) my choice of music needs work. I'm battling with that inner struggle of not wanting to spend too much for the business and legally obtaining music, obviously I will make sure I'm legally allowed to use the music.

I welcome you to check out my latest work, today I launched my demo reel which I think is good - a work in progress but I good start and better then I've seen some in my opinion. You'll notice that while the music is faster paced, the transitions are quick and with the beat of the music.

Levitated Media - Demo Reel

Thank you @Highrpm955 it's a learning experience for sure, we were battling quite the winds that day which well, is no real excuse :) my choice of music needs work. I'm battling with that inner struggle of not wanting to spend too much for the business and legally obtaining music, obviously I will make sure I'm legally allowed to use the music.

I welcome you to check out my latest work, today I launched my demo reel which I think is good - a work in progress but I good start and better then I've seen some in my opinion. You'll notice that while the music is faster paced, the transitions are quick and with the beat of the music.

Levitated Media - Demo Reel
Better yes... Good work.. Spend your $ on editing software, and shoot , shoot, and shoot some more. I've learned a ton of stuff from people on this forum over the past 2 1/2 years, and I've produced some absolute sh*t at first, and still learn new stuff everyday. I look at things I produced 2 years ago and think its garbage (a sign you are still learning).. which I still am. It just comes with time and experience... I hope I have enough of both left.

Yes sir, I am using the Adobe Creative Cloud and using Premiere Pro. I'm watching tutorials as much as possible to help better myself and become more efficient. I've come to terms that using things like fancy transitions are actually useless in most cases.

I value feedback like this for sure, only way to get better is to shoot more, edit more and such! Only problem is, I'm going to really have to harness some creativity because well... my town is kind of boring!

Yes sir, I am using the Adobe Creative Cloud and using Premiere Pro. I'm watching tutorials as much as possible to help better myself and become more efficient. I've come to terms that using things like fancy transitions are actually useless in most cases.

I value feedback like this for sure, only way to get better is to shoot more, edit more and such! Only problem is, I'm going to really have to harness some creativity because well... my town is kind of boring!
Yeah... well, mine is too. I think there are 23,000 residents here. BUT!, there are business owners here, and that's where I focus my attention. I do a lot of Social Media spots for local businesses, and some hit the local ABC station. Prob been the majority of my income is advertising.

Feedback is much needed and greatly appreciated and you both A+ awesome informative thread. Little harsh on the in house newbie but all true.

Just look around... What @Scoobywrx05 is true. There are terrible pilots everywhere.. just look at this dizzying example from what an "Agency" posted... I almost threw up. Terrible shots, no interior, confusing and distracting graphics..etc. What a mess.

It looks like the video has since been edited. I know the company I work for does not do interior shots in the video, nor do they provide any type of professional video editing software to color grade the footage. This person probably is in the same situation, I checked his latest video and they have links to the listing on the company's website, so more than likely the buyers see the pictures and the majority of the information there, and the video is just a bonus. I am not in charge of scheduling my drone shoots for my company, I'm guessing this person might have the same dilemma. I hate having to do a shoot in the middle of the day, but It isn't up to me, even though it should be.

Anyway I just wanted to try and back that pilot and explain how he, like myself, are just being held back by the actual company we work for.

It looks like the video has since been edited. I know the company I work for does not do interior shots in the video, nor do they provide any type of professional video editing software to color grade the footage. This person probably is in the same situation, I checked his latest video and they have links to the listing on the company's website, so more than likely the buyers see the pictures and the majority of the information there, and the video is just a bonus. I am not in charge of scheduling my drone shoots for my company, I'm guessing this person might have the same dilemma. I hate having to do a shoot in the middle of the day, but It isn't up to me, even though it should be.

Anyway I just wanted to try and back that pilot and explain how he, like myself, are just being held back by the actual company we work for.

So this individual is a FAA Part 107 pilot who is operating under another company who is not providing them with proper editing software?

I mean...want professional editing software for free? DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design...they have a free version of their professional editing software and you can do 99% of anything you'd ever need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84