Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Struggling For Work

So this individual is a FAA Part 107 pilot who is operating under another company who is not providing them with proper editing software?

I mean...want professional editing software for free? DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design...they have a free version of their professional editing software and you can do 99% of anything you'd ever need.
Yes...I work in the same city as that company and they were using a phantom 2 as of a few months ago, they refuse to innovate or upgrade their equipment, and their website shows it.

I'm just saying that not every pilot has the backing and support from their company necessary to make quality videos. If I get scheduled for a 2pm shoot I can't do anything about it, so my video will have poor lighting. I'm sure by looking at their channel that all of their shoots are midday, and in Oklahoma the wind is always an issue as well. That isn't the pilots fault it's the company.

While the individual may be limited by the company in terms of due date of deliverables and such but that doesn't excuse the pilots flying abilities.

Regardless, this is not the topic for that type of discussion as I've already said more against a company then I often like. I'm not a fan of bashing other companies...

I recently had reached out to a local brewery, they're building a new facility and I expressed how fantastic it would be to get in there to do aerial video and the good news is, I have them interested. Of course price came up, I have already figured out what my numbers are and I gave him a ballpark. I have this terrible gut feeling after I sent the email that I would miss out of the opportunity because the potential client feels it's too expensive. I've watched many of the Drone U Podcasts in regards to pricing and they always say stick to your numbers and let your work speak for itself which I feel that I can provide that level of service no problem. In addition, hearing what others are charging makes me puke in regards to how expensive it is compared to mine however - they're getting work, I'm not.

Hopefully what they say is true, good thing comes to those who work their asses off!

Edit : One more thing that's irking me, I'm still waiting on my FAA Part 107 hard card and my approval or denial of my COA!

Last edited:
Edit : One more thing that's irking me, I'm still waiting on my FAA Part 107 hard card and my approval or denial of my COA!
Hard card doesn't mean anything other than you passed the background check too. It took me 2 months or so to get mine back. The COA is another story. I work for a state agency and never have any problems getting one through the process in a month or so. The private sector is where it slows down. Just make sure that you give them everything they need in the application and then some so there aren't any questions to slow the process down even further.
As an after thought, it took me five business days to receive my hard card on a change of address recently from the day I filled out the form online to the day it arrived in the mail.

Just look around... What @Scoobywrx05 is true. There are terrible pilots everywhere.. just look at this dizzying example from what an "Agency" posted... I almost threw up. Terrible shots, no interior, confusing and distracting graphics..etc. What a mess.

OMG what a terrible edit, I didn't see more than 2 consecutive seconds worth of usable footage lol...

Reactions: Highrpm955

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan