Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Strut arm cracked , Inspire 1 v2

Reaction score
During preflight I noticed a crack in the one strut arm. I did buy the Inspire 1 v2 used, but thought i checked everything out. There are no signs of rough landing or crash. Ordered new ones, just wondering if anyone has any idea what could have caused it? I did detache it from main arm and there was no bind or twist on it. Included is a picture, the crack is by the body brace, kinda hard to see. Thanks for any fresh ideas.

Attachments

• 20190319_081750.jpg
    20190319_081750.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 43
I've seen where some pilots use the arms as a means to grab hold and carry the model around.
I personally carry mine by grasping the metal canopy whenever possible, otherwise I use its case.
I'm not saying that this is what had caused your specific damage, but just some food for thought. ;)
Btw, I would also recommend keeping all moving parts and contact points associated with the retractable landing gear sufficiently lubricated to play it safe.

Attachments

• CIMG6202.JPG
    CIMG6202.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Posted a few weeks ago about a broken strut part10 on a inspire 1v2, still haven't figured out what happened. Anyway decided to save $250 and do my own repair, once I started it was very daunting, but with a lot of patience, and 3 hours later, just like new. My point is as complicated as these machines are if you remain calm and pay attention to what your doing you can save ALOT of money by doing your own repairs. By the way could not find a YouTube video for this repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth