Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Student Pilot Certificate?

Reaction score
Website
www.zuraproductions.com
Just read my daily email from sUAS News. There's a posting from Rupprecht Law regarding getting your Student Pilot License in conjunction with Section 333 / Part 107. It starts: "New regulations go into effect on April 1st which will affect your plans for obtaining a student pilot certificate. "

Hmm, did I miss something? I thought that the 333 required a SPORT pilot license at the minimum.

Here's the link:

Getting a Pilot’s License to Fly Drones? New Regulations Soon Go Into Effect. - sUAS News

I had no idea that a Student Pilot License had anything to do
with operating a sUAS. So, what's this guy talking about?

Note: I have my 333 pending since it was officially posted on the FAA website on Dec.3, 2015. I also have a TWIC card and TSA Pre-Check, so I'm not worried about vetting. I also understand that the emerging climate for the FAA certificate will require passing an aeronautical knowledge test and other items, but NOT any traditional Pilot's license.

I guess there's a lot of mis-information out there, so I really appreciate this site for commentary and clarification.

Has nothing to do with drones, really. Just a notice for people planning to get a pilot's license, that now there will be a waiting period before you can get your student pilot certificate, while the TSA checks you out. Student Pilot Certificate is the first step to getting a real license.

Has nothing to do with drones, really. Just a notice for people planning to get a pilot's license, that now there will be a waiting period before you can get your student pilot certificate, while the TSA checks you out. Student Pilot Certificate is the first step to getting a real license.
Seanmclean is correct. More FAA press releases that just confuse people. One thing has nothing to do with the other. In order to fly under a 333 you still need a pilot certificate, Sport is still the minimum rating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc