Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Suggest zoom lens please

Reaction score
Hi

I have purchased an inspire 2 cant wait to get it.

My question is what zoom lens do people suggest?

Should i go witf fixed focal or zoom luke the panasonic 14 to 45mm?

I shoot sailing and boating videos and stills. So having a zoom will enable tighter shots.

Ive heard the 14 to 45 is ok but the vision while zooming is not great. So do i go fixed and just move the drone?

Having said that the ability to maintain the same distance between drone and subject but use the lens to zoom would be great.

Any responses appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Hi

I have purchased an inspire 2 cant wait to get it.

My question is what zoom lens do people suggest?

Should i go witf fixed focal or zoom luke the panasonic 14 to 45mm?

I shoot sailing and boating videos and stills. So having a zoom will enable tighter shots.

Ive heard the 14 to 45 is ok but the vision while zooming is not great. So do i go fixed and just move the drone?

Having said that the ability to maintain the same distance between drone and subject but use the lens to zoom would be great.

Any responses appreciated.

Thanks

Peter
I assume you have the X5S although you do not specify, therefore I have moved this to that section.

Neither zoom lenses for the X5S are as good as the primes. The Panny is a little better than the Olympus, though. There's also a 9-18mm zoom that's quite a bit more expensive, but I don't think you're interested in that one for your purposes.

And, you're right about not zooming in video. It's herky-jerky and should be used to change focal length between shots only.

Ive got the Oly 14-42 and its great for jobbing shots and samples, however I would never use it for pro jobs - the quality is nowhere near as good as the oly 12mm and 45mm - I just land and change lenses - annoying I know but it will give you better shots for your subject!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game