Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sweet spot firmware

FCC mode 0.4W 2.4-2.475ghz also seems to be running on DJI GO 3.1.1 installed on Android v11.

According to this instruction: howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]

This file: https://wiki.dji-rev.com/_media/howto/dji.configs_force_fcc

I also tested, but I'm not sure if the FCC 1.5Watt version works, because I have a drone failure and vision problems probably related to the antennas. But today I flew 1.8km, which was impossible before.
1.5w not working:
1.5W_FCC-Hack__NOT!.JPG

1.5w hack working:
1.5W_FCC-Hack.JPG

D

Yes, I know about this method, unfortunately for me it is probably because I live outside the USA, in this signal chart I do not have these 1 and 4 km dashes at all. **** DJI probably blocked it in Europe. But the range of the drone has definitely improved for me.
The same as I upload channel 32 mod, I can see that it works and I have 32 channels, but the DJI GO application does not allow to use the custom mode. It immediately reverts to auto mode.Screenshot_20221016-214243107.jpg

this is probably the difference between android and ios

Yes, I know about this method, unfortunately for me it is probably because I live outside the USA, in this signal chart I do not have these 1 and 4 km dashes at all. **** DJI probably blocked it in Europe. But the range of the drone has definitely improved for me.
The same as I upload channel 32 mod, I can see that it works and I have 32 channels, but the DJI GO application does not allow to use the custom mode. It immediately reverts to auto mode.View attachment 33043

this is probably the difference between android and ios
If you have a Mavic, either app will switch to the "fatter" histogram. But in my testing, both the Inspire and P4P invoke the more linear version.

D

Finally. I have an Ipad Mini 3, DJI GO 3.1.1 + FCC MOD. Firmware 1.08.01.00. All thanks to people like you here and others on YT.

Details: I used Charles proxy 3.12.3 + Charles Root SSL Certifikate + iTunes 12.5.4 and the tutorial from this video:

Of course, our great Donnie also appeared there in the comments under the video and a valuable tip :)

I'm really tired of this fight. Tomorrow is great tests and great hopes :)
And I hope that this is the end of my problems and the beginning of flying now...

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hi. I don't understand something. I have an iPad Mini 3 with DJI GO 3.1.1. I downloaded the FCC MOD 1.5 W configuration file on the tablet and set the tablet region to USA. I certainly did not upload the 32-channel hack, but I still have 32 channels available on the radio in manual and automatic mode, as well as the FCC. Is this normal or some miracle happened?

Hi. I don't understand something. I have an iPad Mini 3 with DJI GO 3.1.1. I downloaded the FCC MOD 1.5 W configuration file on the tablet and set the tablet region to USA. I certainly did not upload the 32-channel hack, but I still have 32 channels available on the radio in manual and automatic mode, as well as the FCC. Is this normal or some miracle happened?
Not a miracle. Both mods are facilitated via a config file. So you can have BOTH mods in a single config file. For example, my 1.5w mod also contains the 32-channel mod.

D

Reactions: Jimmy6616
Not a miracle. Both mods are facilitated via a config file. So you can have BOTH mods in a single config file. For example, my 1.5w mod also contains the 32-channel mod.

D

very interesting, I uploaded exactly the same configuration file on DJI GO also 3.1.1 on android and I did not have the option of 32 channels there, only the standard 7 or 8 I do not remember. But the FCC worked. Apart from the fact that the application by DJI is probably very bad for Android, the difference seems to be in iOS and the US country setting.

very interesting, I uploaded exactly the same configuration file on DJI GO also 3.1.1 on android and I did not have the option of 32 channels there,
I'll clarify that the config file CAN have both mods, but does not HAVE to have both mods.

only the standard 7 or 8 I do not remember. But the FCC worked. Apart from the fact that the application by DJI is probably very bad for Android, the difference seems to be in iOS and the US country setting.
I'm unfamiliar with the DJI Android mods so I can't speak to those.

Here's a screenshot of all my Go-4 config files. As you can see, there are different combinations of modifications per file. The "force_boost" files are the 1.5w boost.

1666778422362.png

D

I used these configuration files as standard in both android and ios: howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info] and exactly this version: 1.5W 2.4-2.475ghz. They seem to be the same as you have but with different names.

Interestingly, when I upload the original file without any modification, I still have 32 channels on the radio in iOS. It's kind of weird.
I have to try other frequencies like 1.5W 2.33ghz. Do you think that our Inspire 1 drones can work in them? Maybe these frequencies will be less disturbed by other wifi devices in the city?

I used these configuration files as standard in both android and ios: howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info] and exactly this version: 1.5W 2.4-2.475ghz. They seem to be the same as you have but with different names.
Correct. I renamed my config files to reflect my own nomenclature.

Interestingly, when I upload the original file without any modification, I still have 32 channels on the radio in iOS. It's kind of weird.
Since we can't see the .config files in iTunes, it's hard to tell if they allow multiple .config files. I doubt it. So the only way I could explain it is that the FCC .config file probably automatically includes the 32-channel hack.

I have to try other frequencies like 1.5W 2.33ghz. Do you think that our Inspire 1 drones can work in them?
I don't know. I haven't tried them. Considering how dense the 2.4Ghz environment is, it would behoove me to try it.

Maybe these frequencies will be less disturbed by other wifi devices in the city?
Maybe. It's worth a try.

I'm doing a construction shoot tomorrow with in Inspire 1 in a notoriously Wi-Fi saturated environment. If I have the time, after my job, maybe I'll try the different frequency files. It's kind of a hassle to do on a jobsite, but we'll see.

D

I am wondering if anyone tested the installation of the FW 3.1.1 that I made available in post 32.

I only want to know so that we all know whether we can share a version and not have to use Charles Proxy to get the file. If I were a betting human, I would bet on "does not work". I would love to be wrong.

I am wondering if anyone tested the installation of the FW 3.1.1 that I made available in post 32.

I only want to know so that we all know whether we can share a version and not have to use Charles Proxy to get the file. If I were a betting human, I would bet on "does not work". I would love to be wrong.

unfortunately it definitely doesn't work, the stupid apple binds every file to a user account. I have only two days of the ipad from apple, the second time in my life and the second time I know why I hate this company. Really nice hardware with an idiot operating system.

Maybe. It's worth a try.

I'm doing a construction shoot tomorrow with in Inspire 1 in a notoriously Wi-Fi saturated environment. If I have the time, after my job, maybe I'll try the different frequency files. It's kind of a hassle to do on a jobsite, but we'll see.

D

I will also try to test it today or tomorrow. But I don't know if it is possible to check if a different radio frequency has been set :(

I only want to know so that we all know whether we can share a version and not have to use Charles Proxy to get the file.
No, you can't. The files you acquire from the Apple store require your Apple login and PW. Ergo, the files are sort of "married" to the user. If you share your .ipa file, you will ALSO have to share your Apple credentials so that they can install your .ipa file on their device. So...if you're willing to share your Apple credentials, then yes, by all means share your .ipa file. Otherwise, they will have to get their own using their own credentials.

If I were a betting human, I would bet on "does not work".
You would win that bet...which explains why nobody is simply sharing their .ipa files.

I would love to be wrong.
So would I. But alas, you are not.

D

Reactions: Jimmy6616
Donnie and the gang, I plan to use either an X3 or a FC350Z to roll back my 1.11.50 to 1.8.01

Is there a way, and mentioned in previous posts to then bring the camera only back to current and have the extra camera functions associated with 1.11.50? I have the Python software which will disassemble the main bin file into the component parts but after that I’m a bit sketchy about which module bin’s the camera needs and how to create a new camera only bin file ? Ta in advance

Donnie and the gang, I plan to use either an X3 or a FC350Z to roll back my 1.11.50 to 1.8.01

Is there a way, and mentioned in previous posts to then bring the camera only back to current and have the extra camera functions associated with 1.11.50? I have the Python software which will disassemble the main bin file into the component parts but after that I’m a bit sketchy about which module bin’s the camera needs and how to create a new camera only bin file ? Ta in advance
As far as I know, the DJI Osmo is the only way to manipulate camera firmware without affecting the drone.

D

As far as I know, the DJI Osmo is the only way to manipulate camera firmware without affecting the drone.

D
Donnie I have an OSMO with a Black X3 FC350Z, so I just create a 1.11.50 Microsd card and upgrade the camera back to normal after i use it with the gold key file to downgrade on the I1?

Donnie I have an OSMO with a Black X3 FC350Z, so I just create a 1.11.50 Microsd card and upgrade the camera back to normal after i use it with the gold key file to downgrade on the I1?
As far as I know, that is the procedure. This was originally purported to me by Brian Fist, who is a member of this forum. I can't remember if he and I discussed this in private or in public. Either way, you're on the right track.

As I'm sure you're aware, the OSMO X3 camera will NOT work with the Inspire 1. But the Inspire 1 X3 camera WILL work with the OSMO.

D

Donnie thank you . Will this work or will I need to try and see. I know the FC350Z won’t work in that the gimbal doesn’t work and the picture is upside down. If I , can I use the 350Z with a 1.8.1 bin and debug file to downgrade on the inspire, then use the OSMO With the 350Z to bring the camera only back to current firmware ?

Donnie thank you . Will this work or will I need to try and see. I know the FC350Z won’t work in that the gimbal doesn’t work and the picture is upside down. If I , can I use the 350Z with a 1.8.1 bin and debug file to downgrade on the inspire, then use the OSMO With the 350Z to bring the camera only back to current firmware ?
That's what I would try. The good news is that there's very little, if any, risk. I've bricked my Inspire 1 screwing with firmware but was always able to unbrick it. The X5 has some serious bricking issues but not the X3. So experiment away. That said...

I always suspected that all the Inspire 1 X3's were equal. Obviously, the OSMO X3 is different. Do you have some special version of the X3?

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips