Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sweet spot firmware

That's what I would try. The good news is that there's very little, if any, risk. I've bricked my Inspire 1 screwing with firmware but was always able to unbrick it. The X5 has some serious bricking issues but not the X3. So experiment away. That said...

I always suspected that all the Inspire 1 X3's were equal. Obviously, the OSMO X3 is different. Do you have some special version of the X3?

D
Donnie , No i don't believe so, I have an OSMO X3 with the full gimbal and a Black X3 Zoom - FC350Z Excuse the crap in the background
J

Attachments

• 20221110_142110.jpg
    20221110_142110.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221110_142117.jpg
    20221110_142117.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20221110_142147.jpg
    20221110_142147.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 2
In retrospect, most failed with the X5. I haven't heard of many trying the roll back with the X5R. Did you succeed with the X5?

Please post your .bin file specifics. I have a pile of .bin files collected from all over the place (before I knew that DJI was messing with them).
I was downgrading with X5R using:
WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.01.20.bin - 97,722,756 bytes
and RC 1.6
then I was upgrading the drone to:
WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.01.40.bin - 97,824,708 bytes

I did this 3 or 4 times, can't remember exactly but it was always a success. At first it was like it got fixed and the signal was stable when I as walking around my house, but over the time and doing a lot of flights concluded that we still have the silly video breakups and the connection is not reliable as we want it to be, note we are not looking for range but for stability. Then suddenly on one of the shooting days the inspire requested and couldn't complete compass callibration, whatever I tried. I thought it was bricked or the compass unit was damaged. Later at home the only thing left was to try to upgrade the firmware to the latest. When I did that the compass callibrated normally and I let it stay with this firmware as I wanted to feel the difference between the previous installed 1.08.01.40 and the latest but I couldn't notice anything significant and I still keep it with the latest firmware. After that I read here in the forum about DJI altering their previous firmwares to have the new underpowered radio module. I don't remember when and from where have obtained the files I have, but they are most probably from dji site as I still keep some saved links.

When I've finally took an RF measuring device I downgraded again just to measure before and after as I was very curious and there was no difference in RF power measurement with the files I have - 1.08.01.40 and 1.11.01.50.

But thinking some more I'm wondering is it actually the downgrading of the RC to v1.6 the key to success? I've had the RC downgraded to v1.6 only on the first downgrade, on the rest downgrades I fount that the RC was working fine with v1.7.8 and 1.08.01.40

Some time ago I have found some info about module names after decompiling the inspire/phantom firmware, it was more like phantom related topic but now I can't remember where was that. If someone can tell what is the name of the radio module I can decompile several FW versions and compare their radio modules to see if they are all the same.

FCC mode 0.4W 2.4-2.475ghz also seems to be running on DJI GO 3.1.1 installed on Android v11.

According to this instruction: howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]

This file: https://wiki.dji-rev.com/_media/howto/dji.configs_force_fcc

I also tested, but I'm not sure if the FCC 1.5Watt version works, because I have a drone failure and vision problems probably related to the antennas. But today I flew 1.8km, which was impossible before.
I have tried to enable 32 channels, FCC or both (experimental?) but not sure where to copy the .DJI.configs file for this to work with DJI GO 3.1.10 on Android v6 device (Samsung Note 4). There is no folder named "Files" inside dji.pilot folder, so I just copied the configs file in the root of dji.pilot folder but I can't see any difference in the GO app as well measuring the RF Power shows no difference as well.

So my questions is where did you copy the file to have the 32 channels shown on DJI GO 3.1.10?

PS
So I found the correct folder, those android file systems are really messy. From all that I have tried only the 32 channel was working, all other mods like 1.5W boosting and FCC modes were failing to make any difference in the emmission power, testing with inspire 1 with FW 1.11.01.50, RC v1.7.8.

Last edited:
Niki I believe the high power and fcc mod only work with older versions of the RC and Aircraft firmware as well as an older version of the Go App

Reactions: niki
I have tried to enable 32 channels, FCC or both (experimental?) but not sure where to copy the .DJI.configs file for this to work with DJI GO 3.1.10 on Android v6 device (Samsung Note 4). There is no folder named "Files" inside dji.pilot folder, so I just copied the configs file in the root of dji.pilot folder but I can't see any difference in the GO app as well measuring the RF Power shows no difference as well.

So my questions is where did you copy the file to have the 32 channels shown on DJI GO 3.1.10?

PS
So I found the correct folder, those android file systems are really messy. From all that I have tried only the 32 channel was working, all other mods like 1.5W boosting and FCC modes were failing to make any difference in the emmission power, testing with inspire 1 with FW 1.11.01.50, RC v1.7.8.

unfortunately 32 channel doesn't work on android. Because of this, I had to buy the hated ipad from apple. In addition, for FCC mods to work, you need to install some old DJI GO version, it worked for me on 3.1.1 newer ones, I didn't test it because I bought an iPad for 32CH. FCC 0.4W and boost 1.5W worked on Android. Install the old DJI GO and there will be the directory you need. I had with me.
if you don't have directory: /android/data/dji.pilot/files
then just create this directory manually. Or look at some other more advanced file manager because maybe this directory is hidden.

the high power and fcc mod only work with older versions of the RC and Aircraft firmware
Yep, it's because the FW version on the drone and RC.

I just wanted to confirm that only the 32 channels mod is working on Android with the latest Inspire firmware (1.11.01.50, RC1.7.8) and the older DJI GO version like the one I've tried (3.1.10). Moving down to 1.08.01 and RC1.6 will mak it possible to enable FCC as well the 1.5W boost on the same GO app.

unfortunately 32 channel doesn't work on android
But in my case it works on Android, I've had trouble to find the correct folder but I've sorted that and I have 32channels on DJI GO 3.1.10 for Android and it looks doesn't matter which version of drone's firmware.

I have switched to ch32 and measured with my RF analyzer the inspire's antennas in the legs showing 2592.3 Mhz
32channels.jpg

I just wanted to confirm that only the 32 channels mod is working on Android with the latest Inspire firmware (1.11.01.50, RC1.7.8) and the older DJI GO version like the one I've tried (3.1.10). Moving down to 1.08.01 and RC1.6 will mak it possible to enable FCC as well the 1.5W boost on the same GO app.

But in my case it works on Android, I've had trouble to find the correct folder but I've sorted that and I have 32channels on DJI GO 3.1.10 for Android and it looks doesn't matter which version of drone's firmware.

I have switched to ch32 and measured with my RF analyzer the inspire's antennas in the legs showing 2592.3 Mhz

this is very interesting because on two android devices after uploading mod 32, yes, 32 channels appeared, but there was no way to force the program to select the custom mode and select the channel manually. It always went back to auto mode.

this is very interesting because on two android devices after uploading mod 32, yes, 32 channels appeared, but there was no way to force the program to select the custom mode and select the channel manually. It always went back to auto mode.
Are you in the UK ?

I couldn't switch to custom channel when trying the FCC mod, somehow the custom channel selection was disabled. But with the 32ch mod only and no other mods applied the channel selection works.
Are you in the UK ?
I'm in Europe, Bulgaria :)

It was in US but it didn't made a difference. Also was playing with fake gps. It's the drone firmware that have to be altered for FCC to work with .dji.configs mod.

It seems to me that changing the country to the USA does not work on Android, only on iOS.

Long time reader/first time poster.

I have rolled the firmware back on my Inspire 1 V1, and controller according to the instructional videos and it appears to have worked. For some reason, I cannot get the controller to connect to the Inspire 1 while using firmware version 1.6. If I update the controller to 1.7.60, it connects and appears to work fine while on the ground with no props attached. My question is whether there is any known risk in using the following combination of firmware versions:

App: 3.1.68
AC: 1.8.1.00
RC: 1.7.60
CAM: 1.8.1.00

I have searched the forum for an answer and have only been successful in developing a skull crushing headache from staring at a computer screen for what seems like days.

Long time reader/first time poster.

I have rolled the firmware back on my Inspire 1 V1, and controller according to the instructional videos and it appears to have worked. For some reason, I cannot get the controller to connect to the Inspire 1 while using firmware version 1.6. If I update the controller to 1.7.60, it connects and appears to work fine while on the ground with no props attached. My question is whether there is any known risk in using the following combination of firmware versions:

App: 3.1.68
AC: 1.8.1.00
RC: 1.7.60
CAM: 1.8.1.00

I have searched the forum for an answer and have only been successful in developing a skull crushing headache from staring at a computer screen for what seems like days.
I highly recommend you start your own thread instead of burying it in a thread that already exists and has dozens of comments. Starting your own thread will make it searchable for you and others who may have the same question in the future. As it exists, your thread will be buried.

D

View attachment 33258
A little off topic, but which analyzer do you use? I searched for one a few years ago and it seemed anything short of spending a couple thousand dollars was pretty much useless.

D

I highly recommend you start your own thread instead of burying it in a thread that already exists and has dozens of comments. Starting your own thread will make it searchable for you and others who may have the same question in the future. As it exists, your thread will be buried.

D
Thanks for the advice!

D
I don't know, I thought it was relevant to this thread. Personally, I'd rather read one thread with all the pertinent info, rather than many.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop