Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Switching to iPad

Reaction score
Website
www.droneworks.org.nz
Hi guys,

Been flying the Inspire for a few months now. I'm a PC guy through and through so naturally brought an Android tablet - Samsung Galaxy Pro 10.1, which was chosen as it was the only Samsung that was actually usable with my S1000 Lightbridge set up.

Anyway, it all worked fine with the DJI Pilot App but since the new DJI GO App was released I have relocated to Strugglesville. The video feed goes from 100% fine to choppy, laggy, pausing, locking up - whatever your want to call it (I usually call it ****-mode / what the fu$k is happening mode) disturbingly frequently... signal still says 100% but the feed is unusable.

I was out filming a game fishing boat a week or so ago and it totally locked up on me, low battery RTH notification came up and I was unable to cancel it... So I am over Android and have just purchased my first ever Apple product, a brand new iPad Air 2.

Hopefully this cures my woes, but I read that iOS 9 isn't great with the GO app....

Am I best to stick with whatever iOS is on it and not do any updates at all?

Cheers

Reactions: Mirco Piccinato
My Air 2 is on iOS 9 and has been faultless. I didn't read about the problems till I had already done the update, but so far so good. I'm now at 9.2 or 9.02 or whatever the most recent version was.
I have a couple of Apple products, but I'm not specifically an Apple aficionado, I just chose the Air 2 over alternatives based on reviews on here of all the various options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Go app has now been updated to address the iOS9 compatibility issues.
v2.3.0 is current as at Oct 7 2015 although DJI download page has not been updated to reflect this.

I have also given up on the Android app. During a two-hour job the other day, the app crashed five times, and it actually managed to crash the entire tablet twice.

This is clearly not an Apple-is-better-than-Android story. This is a DJI-app-for-Android-is-much-worse-than-the-DJI-app-for-iOS story.

I have ordered an iPad Mini 4, which should arrive the same that my Inspire 1 Pro does.

Reactions: Captain Salty
Thanks for the feedback guys. I should be up and running with the Ipad soon.

Totally agree about it being an app not device problem. Knowing my luck the day the Ipad arrives, DJI will release a new Android app that is stable!

I have also given up on the Android app. During a two-hour job the other day, the app crashed five times, and it actually managed to crash the entire tablet twice.

This is clearly not an Apple-is-better-than-Android story. This is a DJI-app-for-Android-is-much-worse-than-the-DJI-app-for-iOS story.

I have ordered an iPad Mini 4, which should arrive the same that my Inspire 1 Pro does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips