Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android Auto-Switching USB MTP to Charging

Reaction score
-Galaxy Note 8 (Verizon) - Android 7.1.1.

-Inspire 1 with X3 cam. Up to date RC and drone firmware.

My phone continually auto-switches to USB charging when plugged in the remote. Manually changing to MTP results in a split second of MTP mode which triggers DJI GO to open. But immediately it annoyingly reverts to USB charging. I was able to connect one time. I must have caught Android off guard at the lock screen that time.

This does not happen on the Verizon Galaxy S6 with an older Android O/S. Sadly, it looks as if I may have to purchase an iPad device.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I don't feel like rooting my phone to disable this Android feature. I did post on the DJI forum and I hope they can come up with a solution to force MTP mode via DJI Go app.

I have a tablet that did this also. I rooted it and installed a custom ROM. Than I used a "USB charging mode" disabling app on Android and it works fine now. But I'm not going to root the Note 8 for this.

I have a tablet that did this also. I rooted it and installed a custom ROM. Than I used a "USB charging mode" disabling app on Android and it works fine now. But I'm not going to root the Note 8 for this.
can you use a "usb charging mode" on a non rooted device? my mavic RC is always charging my Tab S2 and it drains the rc soo fast

can you use a "usb charging mode" on a non rooted device? my mavic RC is always charging my Tab S2 and it drains the rc soo fast
You're wanting to disable USB charging? I don't have this problem with the Verizon Galaxy S6. But it does do it with my other devices.

Have you tried to manually switch USB modes? Does it continue to charge in MTP (file transfer) mode?

Access "Developers Options". You'll have to find a quick tutorial on how to access it. In developer Options you can manually change the USB mode and/or switch on/off USB debug mode. Play with these settings.

Part of the problem is either the hardware or firmware on the remote. My Inspire remote likes to charge most devices. DJI Go SUCKS on Android. I had to blow $250 on a Apple iPad 9.7" for a peace of mind that the drone doesn't crash. I had my Android tablet screen go black when I was about 1/4 mile away. That sucked.

Hopefully DJI took my suggestions in to consideration on their forum to fix the MTP/Usb charging mode issues.

You're wanting to disable USB charging? I don't have this problem with the Verizon Galaxy S6. But it does do it with my other devices.

Have you tried to manually switch USB modes? Does it continue to charge in MTP (file transfer) mode?

Access "Developers Options". You'll have to find a quick tutorial on how to access it. In developer Options you can manually change the USB mode and/or switch on/off USB debug mode. Play with these settings.

Part of the problem is either the hardware or firmware on the remote. My Inspire remote likes to charge most devices. DJI Go SUCKS on Android. I had to blow $250 on a Apple iPad 9.7" for a peace of mind that the drone doesn't crash. I had my Android tablet screen go black when I was about 1/4 mile away. That sucked.

Hopefully DJI took my suggestions in to consideration on their forum to fix the MTP/Usb charging mode issues.
ill take a look thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont