Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600-D FCC####1410 vs, T601 FCC####1510

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK I moved the post Mazz closed on the classifieds here. This will be my last post on the matter, only to help others that have received the I1v2 & I1Pro produced prior to Dec 3 2015 get what they paid for.

This started with posts by Chinjab on the matter of the spec sheets for the transmitters. I was first defending DJI as they told me what I thought was the truth. Now, after Chinjab e-mailed me the complete copies of all the spec sheets I have e-mailed them to China and California. I have spent hours investigating this. These DJI spec sheets do not lie. Chinjab was right on target with this issue.

As of doing this the issue is exposed as public record and others need to get involved to get their I1v2/Pro exchanged or upgraded by DJI.

B&H Photo is exchanging Chinjab's bird and mine is to be upgraded by DJI since I have had mine since
Dec. 7th and has several hours of flight time on it.

If you have an I1v2/I1pro and on the battery tray the label reads:T600, FCC####1410, you have a T600-D that transmits 24dBm/approx. 255mw. This is a T600-D that was modified by adding the motor upgrade and new gimble plate. Transmitter was not upgraded! Range is 2KM!

I1v2's/Pro produced after Dec 3 2015 is the complete I1v2/Pro, T601 FCC#####1510 that transmits
29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. A big difference in power. Range is 5KM as stated on the DJI website.

As for the remote control. If you have a remote labeled #GL658B it is the older version that produces 24dBm/approx. 255mw.

The remote control labeled #GL658C is the new remote control that matches the complete I1v2/Pro version and transmits 29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. Both the remote transmitter and I1v2/Pro transmitter need the same transmission power or you will have limited transmission range either to the I1v2/pro or from the I1v2/Pro.

I have great respect for ones controlling the forum, they do a great job. So, let's get the truth out to unsuspecting DJI customers that received the incomplete I1v2/pro in November and December 2015.

If you paid $3100 in December like I did and have a T600 and someone in January paid $3100 and received the T601, both labeled the "I1v2/pro", you have been dealt unfairly and need to be compensated by DJI.

I could care less about flying out beyond a mile but strong signal strength for penetration overcoming interference is imperative. Why do you think DJI asked for this increase?

This is a matter of getting what you paid for. Remember DJI labeled both with I1v2/Pro.

I have achieved what I wanted to get my bird upgraded and I hope this helps you do the same.

Good Luck, Fly Safe

Last edited:
You may want to add this only affects FCC locations

Just to be clear CE locations it makes no difference.

There is nothing hidden in the sense that all the FCC paperwork is public record and available to anyone via the FCC website, there is no need to email you specifically.

Also just to give some further information

DJI have increased the range spec of the Inspire 1, P3 Advance and Pro models however there has been no increase in power in the P3 range, in fact its been reduced not increased over the year.

This Aligns with what DJI have stated that the updated range figures reflect what they were already getting and have nothing to do with any power increase seen in the I1.

This increase in power will have very limited real world affect in reality and most will not even notice, I'm not saying in not rather have it but don't expect to double your range, you will be lucky to see another 300m.

To say incomplete is not correct, DJI have changed spec in production, this happens all the time with every product.

If it says V2 on the label its a V2 regardless of if its FCC 1410 or 1510, DJI have updated the radio after the release of the V2, a bit annoying yes but not incomplete.

Last edited:
My RC is listed as "GL658C" which I understand is the newer higher powered RC.

My bird, however, is listed as a "Model: T600", but there is another identifier that goes by "FCC ID: WM6101410" and this is a bit confusing as the **610**** number is a bit puzzling.

So, is there anyplace I can confirm my birds version or is what I've shown sufficient to know?

EDIT: Just to add, I ordered from B&H on January 1, 2016 and received on January 6, 2016 and have one flight totaling just over 8 minutes..

Brian

Last edited:
Mine is WM6101410 also. The T600-D with motor and gimble plate added. 24dBm/255mw transmitter

Hello all. I just bought from B&H and on their site it states 1.2 Mile range, approx 2KM. I have the newer C version RC and the 1410 aircraft. What basis would B&H have for replacing the 1410 with a 1510 when their site clearly states 2KM? Further, what is the real world difference here? Somehow I am not seeing this as a huge deal but maybe I am wrong. I ordered mine in January and have not flown yet. Havent really taken it out of the box. Im moving from Phantoms to Inspire. Is there some problem with the mismatched power ratings of the AC vs the RC? Should I attempt to get B&H to replace mine and if so what reason can you give them when their site doesnt mention 5KM anywhere?

I agree with Mad_Angler1 this is only FCC related?? I ordered mine on the Black Friday event (11/26/2015) and it shipped 12/1/2015. Mine says T601 with the ###1510 id. The controller is the GL658C version.

If you view the specs on DJI's site it says:
Maximum Transmitting Distance
Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

I seems mine is somehow the newest equipment downgraded for the CE compliant (Canada)? I agree I'm NEVER flying that far but higher quality signal means it should be more reliable.

And since mine was made in Nov, I think your dates are "off". Unlelss it was a random selection before the Dec 3 date you posted?

Ben

The December 3rd date is what DJI tech support gave me as the start production date for the T601, FCC####1510.
B&H bought a lot of T600 ,1410units for Christmas and was stuck with them.
Chinjab bought his there and B&H is replacing his unit!
You can argue all you want but a power increase is a power increase no matter how you want to define it.

Reactions: IrishHeights
Ok now that I am reading this I purchased the version with 2 remotes. One remote being the B, my camera control and the flight controller being the C version. My rig is the 600 1610-1410 version. So your saying I got screwed? Can someone give me an exact answer on this. I really do not want to send it back even if they do exchange it. Got mine from Aerial Media Pros.

OK I moved the post Mazz closed on the classifieds here. This will be my last post on the matter, only to help others that have received the I1v2 & I1Pro produced prior to Dec 3 2015 get what they paid for.

This started with posts by Chinjab on the matter of the spec sheets for the transmitters. I was first defending DJI as they told me what I thought was the truth. Now, after Chinjab e-mailed me the complete copies of all the spec sheets I have e-mailed them to China and California. I have spent hours investigating this. These DJI spec sheets do not lie. Chinjab was right on target with this issue.

As of doing this the issue is exposed as public record and others need to get involved to get their I1v2/Pro exchanged or upgraded by DJI.

B&H Photo is exchanging Chinjab's bird and mine is to be upgraded by DJI since I have had mine since
Dec. 7th and has several hours of flight time on it.

If you have an I1v2/I1pro and on the battery tray the label reads:T600, FCC####1410, you have a T600-D that transmits 24dBm/approx. 255mw. This is a T600-D that was modified by adding the motor upgrade and new gimble plate. Transmitter was not upgraded! Range is 2KM!

I1v2's/Pro produced after Dec 3 2015 is the complete I1v2/Pro, T601 FCC#####1510 that transmits
29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. A big difference in power. Range is 5KM as stated on the DJI website.

As for the remote control. If you have a remote labeled #GL658B it is the older version that produces 24dBm/approx. 255mw.

The remote control labeled #GL658C is the new remote control that matches the complete I1v2/Pro version and transmits 29-30dBm/approx. 1000mw. Both the remote transmitter and I1v2/Pro transmitter need the same transmission power or you will have limited transmission range either to the I1v2/pro or from the I1v2/Pro.

I have great respect for ones controlling the forum, they do a great job. So, let's get the truth out to unsuspecting DJI customers that received the incomplete I1v2/pro in November and December 2015.

If you paid $3100 in December like I did and have a T600 and someone in January paid $3100 and received the T601, both labeled the "I1v2/pro", you have been dealt unfairly and need to be compensated by DJI.

I could care less about flying out beyond a mile but strong signal strength for penetration overcoming interference is imperative. Why do you think DJI asked for this increase?

This is a matter of getting what you paid for. Remember DJI labeled both with I1v2/Pro.

I have achieved what I wanted to get my bird upgraded and I hope this helps you do the same.

Good Luck, Fly Safe

Thanks for researching this and posting guys

Reactions: Phatzo
kcobello,

If you are happy with your unit as is and it does everything you want you will be fine with it. To me it is about getting what you paid for and I don't feel that DJI done us right on this. They should not have labeled the I1v2 and used older T600, 1410 transmitters just to dump them on us to use them up and then a month later upgrade the transmitter and still call it I1v2.

kcobello,

If you are happy with your unit as is and it does everything you want you will be fine with it. To me it is about getting what you paid for and I don't feel that DJI done us right on this. They should not have labeled the I1v2 and used older T600, 1410 transmitters just to dump them on us to use them up and then a month later upgrade the transmitter and still call it I1v2.

I agree with this mostly

Just to be clear this has been discussed on multiple forums for some time, I myself explained this before Christmas on RCG, Dji forum has a long post about it, Phantom Pilots has a few about the Reduction in output on that.

I'm not attacking anyone all my point is put all the facts out there in public, on PP someone tried to say he had an inside source when all the FCC data is there for everyone to see as its public information.

Let people decide if they are not happy, don't pick and choose what to say making it sound worse such as the range increase is due to the power increase when the P3 has also seen the same increase in spec but the power has gone down

Also using words like incomplete is not right.

It's a change in production, it's not a conspiracy to defraud people, there will be many reasons why they did not do it at initial v2 production, very likely supply issues or it was not ready for the release but this is all guess work.

But if your in an FCC location and you feel your not happy then do something about it like the OP has and he should be commended for that but just lay all the facts out.

Hope you get yours sorted fairly soon.

Yes. Thanks for the research and info. I do my research on what I buy, but never would have found this info. In saying that, my rig flys and functions well for our use. I would hate to send it back if that was an option and somehow get back a lemon, which can happen with any product. I also am a DJI supporter because the product I have is leaps and bounds above what I have for what you need in this era of functionality for aerial work. I know updates are a pain and regs, but I always look at the big picture of what we have, we can fly an object with a camera, miles away from where we stand, in the airspace that others use. That's a powerful tool that does need some oversight. Just my opinion. Also I would like to say this is one of the better forums for help I have been on in a while. I have been using forums, bulletin boards since the late 80's. I have seen my share of poop on them also...:)

After careful examination of my product and further research it appears my I1 was taken from inventory, altered with new motors and plate and repackaged as a V2 without the upgraded FCC transmitter. I contemplated keeping the bird knowing it didnt have the increased power transmitter but I cant do it considering the physical evidence in my case indicating it was taken from current V1 inventory. The box that contains the manuals/guides definitely appears to have been opened. The velcro straps at the back of the case are not in their original factory made position and even one of the straps was attached to the plastic shipping cover that goes over one of the antenna on the RC. Changing specs during an assembly line run is one thing, taking current V1 inventory and altering it is quite another in my mind. Here are some photos that illustrate what I am talking about

. IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg

After careful examination of my product and further research it appears my I1 was taken from inventory, altered with new motors and plate and repackaged as a V2 without the upgraded FCC transmitter. I contemplated keeping the bird knowing it didnt have the increased power transmitter but I cant do it considering the physical evidence in my case indicating it was taken from current V1 inventory. The box that contains the manuals/guides definitely appears to have been opened. The velcro straps at the back of the case are not in their original factory made position and even one of the straps was attached to the plastic shipping cover that goes over one of the antenna on the RC. Changing specs during an assembly line run is one thing, taking current V1 inventory and altering it is quite another in my mind. Here are some photos that illustrate what I am talking about

. View attachment 5738 View attachment 5739 View attachment 5740

That looks a lot more like sloppy packaging Imo, I just checked my paperwork pack as Iv not opened it and it looks as it should and seals look like they have not been touched.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453142523.651342.jpg

It's a bit of a stretch to say they pulled it out the packaging and reworked it then added the V2 label below the battery just because it's sloppy packaged but hay anything is possible, if your not happy contact your dealer as its new.

Hope you get what you want though.

Last edited:
I really wish everyone would stop making a big deal over this. You are making extra work for me b/c I keep getting these requests about information on the aforementioned. DJI is not giving their reason for making the change, even to their top-tier dealers.

Last edited:
It's a change in production, it's not a conspiracy to defraud people, there will be many reasons why they did not do it at initial v2 production, very likely supply issues or it was not ready for the release but this is all guess work.

100%

I would take a few more pictures but I've already boxed it back up and have an RMA. The manual box is especially telling since its torn quite badly but the one photo I didnt take was the other side of the manual box where the round tape seal is located. You could see a small piece of the black coating that was not put back exactly on the same spot as when it was originally affixed. At the very least, the manual box had been opened. Like I said, I was seriously considering keeping the bird as I will never fly without LOS anyway but after reviewing about 7 or 8 "unboxing" video's and looking at dozens of unboxing photos I didnt see a single one with the same packaging traits as mine. It could very well be sloppy packaging but the preponderance of evidence doesn't indicate that.

I love DJI products as I already own 2 P2's and a P3. Hopefully I'll have a new Inspire soon and join the ranks.

BTW...I forgot to add that I also just bought an Osmo so I am thick in DJI products.

I actually had to open the box again since I didnt put the RMA letter inside so I took the opportunity to snap another couple photos. The round seal photo doesnt illustrate the misaligned black paper well but its the best an iphone can do. The 2nd photo is of the stickers on the outside of my case. There are two of them with one saying V2 and the other, IMO, being the original. Does anyone else have 2 manufacturing stickers on their Inspire cases, regardless of versions? Again, to me, this just adds to the evidence indicating my bird was not a production run unit.

1.jpg 2.jpg

My V2 also has the 2 stickers and it is a 1410

But.

Looking around older I1 only had the one sticker with the traditional barcode, as this is the one with the V2 printed on it it's nothing odd, it just looks like DJI have added a new sticker with QR code on it as well.

The main sticker and original one is the one with the normal barcode, this is the one that V2 is printed on so its not an V1 model sticker if that's what your getting at

Im going to leave this now as it just turning into the xfiles

I only popped into Inspire Pilots to have a look around and seem to have landed in some of the more controversial threads

I wish everyone all the best and I think I will walk away and head back under my rock

Fly safe folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry