Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T600-D FCC####1410 vs, T601 FCC####1510

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. You can't label it a T600 and later call it a T601.
A T600, 1410 transmitter is labeled according to the transmitter DJI applied for with the FCC which is a lower powered transmitter. Vendors have to label what transmitter is in the bird per FCC guidelines.
The T601 , 2510 transmitter is a higher powered transmitter in which DJI applied for to use on the T601.
The newly expanded main board and transmitter was installed in the T601 for future apps that the 1410 board / transmitter may not be compatible with.

A T600, 1410 transmitter is labeled according to the transmitter DJI applied for with the FCC which is a lower powered transmitter. Vendors have to label what transmitter is in the bird per FCC guidelines.
The T601 , 2510 transmitter is a higher powered transmitter in which DJI applied for to use on the T601.
The newly expanded main board and transmitter was installed in the T601 for future apps that the 1410 board / transmitter may not be compatible with.

Didnt you notice the "wink" at the end of my post? The response DJI gave the dealer is just as egregious as all their other "official" DJI responses. Its becoming quite the comedy show and a complete embarrassment. They've attained the highest level of incompetent misinformation you can possible strive for. Congrats to them...once again.

Thankfully my bird is flying perfect. Over 40 flights and everything looking good. All updated FW and no issues....so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's all kind of funny, but not. What some folks will believe, and how willing they are to accept that sort of reasoning. : )

There is not a single piece of evidence there is any Hw change between the two, also none to suggest any of it is for future use

You really think DJI are going to turn around in 3 months and say sorry only T601 models can have this after they have openly stated they are identical and it does not matter what model you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go ahead and believe DJI even after the transmitter spec sheets prove the difference. Don't be stupid, there is definitely a difference. I have flown both the T600,1410 and the T601, 1510 and know first hand there is a difference. We are very happy with the extra video distance the 601 bird returns back to the remote as opposed to the T600.

Go ahead and believe DJI even after the transmitter spec sheets prove the difference. Don't be stupid, there is definitely a difference. I have flown both the T600,1410 and the T601, 1510 and know first hand there is a difference. We are very happy with the extra video distance the 601 bird returns back to the remote as opposed to the T600.

DJI have openly stated they are identical now unless someone posts pictures of the different Hw in the craft then we have no reason to believe they are not, the existing Hw could be well capable up to several Watts of power for all we know.

They have said the power output is the same now regardless of FCC filing that either means the T600 has had an increase or the T601 has been reduced or increased in FW in specific geographical regions.

As the Editor has stated time and time again these tests are done in engineering mode and will be at full carrier, the craft will never likely get anywhere near that in real use, also that test is maximum output, it don't mean DJI can't reduce it in FW. They can transmit below that figure just can't go over.

As for your talk of future features only the T601 can support you have never provided any evidence of what they may be, it's just pure speculation again. Iv heard that the reason the T601 has more power is that if its lost the radio turns into a location beacon, it's just a plausible as everything else posted but I just made it up. Do people honestly think DJI would put out a statement to say they are the same then say later that you can't have features because they are not, can you imagine what would happen.

You have to believe what the manufactures states until it's proved wrong, I'm not saying DJI have handled this well because they have not but as others have posted this is more pure bad handling not a giant conspiracy to shift old stock or rip people off , If they wanted to do that they could have just kept the V1 around a bit longer at discount just like they are now doing with the P3. A technical discussion around actual proven differences is great but all we have had is just more and more rumours, guess work and fairy tails.

DJI have openly stated they are identical now unless someone posts pictures of the different Hw in the craft then we have no reason to believe they are not, the existing Hw could be well capable up to several Watts of power for all we know.

They have said the power output is the same now regardless of FCC filing that either means the T600 has had an increase or the T601 has been reduced or increased in FW in specific geographical regions.

As the Editor has stated time and time again these tests are done in engineering mode and will be at full carrier, the craft will never likely get anywhere near that in real use, also that test is maximum output, it don't mean DJI can't reduce it in FW. They can transmit below that figure just can't go over.

As for your talk of future features only the T601 can support you have never provided any evidence of what they may be, it's just pure speculation again. Iv heard that the reason the T601 has more power is that if its lost the radio turns into a location beacon, it's just a plausible as everything else posted but I just made it up. Do people honestly think DJI would put out a statement to say they are the same then say later that you can't have features because they are not, can you imagine what would happen.

You have to believe what the manufactures states until it's proved wrong, I'm not saying DJI have handled this well because they have not but as others have posted this is more pure bad handling not a giant conspiracy to shift old stock or rip people off , If they wanted to do that they could have just kept the V1 around a bit longer at discount just like they are now doing with the P3. A technical discussion around actual proven differences is great but all we have had is just more and more rumours, guess work and fairy tails.

I'm not sure you quite understand how it's been done Miles, but there is actually a difference between shelf names and model names on the labels. T600 and T601 is the Model name really only used for certification purposes.

The Shelf Name, such as "Inspire 1" or "Inspire 1 2.0" "Inspire 1 Pro" determines the hardware components of the drone. The Model Name is only the designation used by the likes of the FCC and CE (not the name) in order to approve something on the market to a certain standard and that's why each model name will be associated with a FCC ID such as SS3-WM6101510.

Hence
SS3-WM6101510 is designated by FCC for T601
and
SS3-WM6101410 is designated by FCC for T600

BUT, two products can have different shelf names yet wear a different model name. This is because one of the products may be upgraded, but in order to get it on the market, they must wait till certification goes through.

The point here is that DJI have admitted that all the products named "Inspire 1 Pro" are in fact T601 (Inspire 1 2.0 in hardware) but have been sold under the T600 certification because it takes ages and ages and ages to get a certification through successfully due to stringent testing. This is quite common practise even for WIFI hub manufacturers. So in order to sell the Inspire 1 Pro on schedule with their promised announcement back when it was released they stuck a T600 sticker and capped the transmitter till it got approved. Once approved they probably just replaced the sticker with T601 for any new ones going out - As for the ones that have already been sold, they just unlocked the cap through the firmware.

Either DJI do that, or they actually sell you a lesser model which will cause outcry from everyone... oh wait... their plan back fired on them... ah well... all is good anyways and anyone who has the of Inspire 1 2.0 or Inspire 1 Pro, in fact have a T601.

The proof?
Check the name difference between the FCC certifications:
https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=2432538
This older certificate designates the Inspire 1 as the product type (or Shelf name) - And is certified as T600 - SS3-WM6101410

The newer certificate by the FCC indicates that the Product Type / Shelf Name called Inspire 1 2.0 - is certified as T601 - SS3-WM6101510
https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=2799193

To make it clear:
T600 and T601 does NOT indicate the hardware associated with the Product Type which will determine the hardware. It determines which FCC certificate is associated to it on the point of sales. T600 and T601, in this case are purely used to determine which certificate is applied by the FCC.

The proof is literally written by the FCC in those links:
The FCC have said on SS3-WM6101410 that if the product is called Inspire 1 then it will be T600 as it doesn't have any more power.
On SS3-WM6101510, if the product is called Inspire 1 2.0 then it will be a T601. (Same thing for the Inspire 1 Pro because it's an Inspire 1 2.0 sold with an X5 camera) If you don't believe me, all you have to do is check the specs on the website. The major upgrades from the Inspire 1 1.0 are the motors and transmitter. (along with the camera mounts and leg raisers etc... although you can upgrade the Inspire 1 1.0 with these external accessories too)

Since they announced a date to release the Inspire 1 Pro & 2.0 last year, they didn't want to make many customers sad and most probably wanted to hit the christmas market. Therefore, they capped all the Inspire 1 2.0 & PRO being shipped out at that time and sold them as T600 because that's the ONLY way they could sell them prior to T601 approval. The T601 approval only happened on 10/31/2015 and these models where out for sale since September - meaning that the Inspire 1 2.0s manufactured after this date could now have the new sticker on it to be legally sold around the place.

Still don't believe me?
Check the following list, which gives you a timescale with written dates of all the DJI product FCC certifications:
FCC Applications by SS3 SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong N/A China

If your sticker says Inspire 1 2.0 or Inspire 1 Pro, regardless of the T600 or T601 model number written on it since this determines when it was sold for certification purposes, you in fact have a T601 when it comes to the hardware components.
If you have an original Inspire 1, it will be a T600 and you shouldn't ever be able to find one called Inspire 1 with T601.

Ok, If they are the same why change the transmitter # from 1410 to 1510?

The transmitter is NOT called 1410 or 1510. These numbers purely indicate the FCC certification ID. It does not mean hardware.

And the actual complete format is

SS3-WM6101410 & SS3-WM6101510

SS3 - Indicates the company code. This one meaning:
SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

WM6101510/1410 - Indicates the certificate associated with a Product Type (Note that Phantoms will be WM323 or WM325 etc...)

SS3-WM6101410 FCC ID = Inspire 1
SS3-WM6101510 FCC ID- Inspire 1 2.0

I mean... I don't know why I'm actually writing all this up. These numbers only came to light because of the confusion but have really nothing to do with DJI or their drones when it comes to the build and hardware content.

It will all come out in time. Someone will do a side by side break down of a T-600 and T-601 and we'll know if the hardware is the same.

FCC records are interesting but they are not proof of a material difference. Why? SDR.

I am amazed no has done any real world structured A/B tests.

Reactions: Mad_angler1
Drone Factory,
I'm not stupid and I know all about the #'s you are explaining. I thought that we were in this conversation long enough to be able to short cut the FCC transmitter certification codes to 1410 and 1510 and everyone would get it, I guess not. Per DJI the transmitter hardware is different between the 1410 and 1510. If a bird has the 1410 certification code the transmitter hardware in the bird is for that certification and is powered according to the power designated within the certification. DJI legally has to identify it as such on the battery tray label. Same for the 1510.
If you look at the board of the transmitters you will see that the 1510 is a beefed up board compared to the 1410.

I have in my possession a very precise and expensive ($45.000) Spectrum Analyzer made by ElGato and I can measure any waveform in the spectrum with power and dBm values.
If any of you are around Arizona/Gilbert area, and you bring the RC and drone, we cam get together and measure the Tx values from the RC and drone itself.

Reactions: DamesNY
I have in my possession a very precise and expensive ($45.000) Spectrum Analyzer made by ElGato and I can measure any waveform in the spectrum with power and dBm values.
If any of you are around Arizona/Gilbert area, and you bring the RC and drone, we cam get together and measure the Tx values from the RC and drone itself.

How do you do that when you cant connect to the antenna?

True RF testing, by wave monitoring.
Is your drone hard connected to the antenna? Is interference from outside hard connected to the antenna?
The RC is turned ON and placed on a non metal surface without any metal around for at least 10ft, the spectrum analyzer is placed at 3ft away and I monitor the RF Tx output of the RC under different control inputs, recording the Tx power, RSSI, bandwidth, gain, interference.
A better test would be to test the RC Tx output at 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile away for true reception and spectrum deviation.
Imagine you have 2 types of flashlights, one is LED and one is regular bulb, you don't put one at the time in your eye, you go a good distance away and check which one is brighter by comparing the light coming to you. Same principle applies to the drone by checking which RC has more power by reaching the drone the furthest.

Reactions: andrew259
Oh god, not again..... Will this thread never die?
True RF testing, by wave monitoring.
Is your drone hard connected to the antenna? Is interference from outside hard connected to the antenna?
The RC is turned ON and placed on a non metal surface without any metal around for at least 10ft, the spectrum analyzer is placed at 3ft away and I monitor the RF Tx output of the RC under different control inputs, recording the Tx power, RSSI, bandwidth, gain, interference.
A better test would be to test the RC Tx output at 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile away for true reception and spectrum deviation.
Imagine you have 2 types of flashlights, one is LED and one is regular bulb, you don't put one at the time in your eye, you go a good distance away and check which one is brighter by comparing the light coming to you. Same principle applies to the drone by checking which RC has more power by reaching the drone the furthest.
But you cannot control the OP power of the final stage of the TX which will continuously ramp up and down depending on what is being asked of it to keep the control link secure. When the TX is powered on without the Inspire the OP will be limited.
Since you cannot access engineering mode I am not sure what use the test would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm