Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47/ TB48’s on Alibaba

I looked into it, the complete batteries themselves have been out of production since late 2016 to early 2017. So the cells are new old stock, ie, they have been in hibernation mode for 4 years at least. And if they didn't stay in hibernation mode, they are completely dead by now.

I personally view it that they are only worth the tops and smart electronics, not the battery cells themselves, since it is a dice-roll.

Could you buy them and have *some* of them work, sure. Are they at full capacity and energy, no way.

I would trust a battery that has been used with low cycles that has been exercised and taken care of more than I would trust those "new" old-stock batteries. Especially at the prices they are asking. Only way to make it price-viable would be to order 100+, work out an agreement for dealing with bad ones (ie, those that fell out of hibernation and are dead). But at that point you are investing $25k. And even then they are still "old".

That is the one problem with LiPo battery tech, the freshness really does make a difference.

Oh, also shipping from China is NOT cheap.

Something like $55-75 for a single item. At volume it gets more palatable, but is still nothing like shipping in North America.

Can't stand their Fisher Price website. I resized to 50% and still got this.:

1615230688183.png

Tried it on 3 browsers with the same result.

D

if it's the same outfit I tried, they do not have them, I enquired, they no longer manufacture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan