Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tb48 battery cycling

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am new to the forum, I am having difficulty in cycling my first that requires cycling
I have followed the procedure in the app but still shows abnormal battery it has been charged 21 times in total
Has anyone got any advise on a Successful procedure for doing this

Many thanks
Rick

Hi guys
I am new to the forum, I am having difficulty in cycling my first that requires cycling
I have followed the procedure in the app but still shows abnormal battery it has been charged 21 times in total

Many thanks
Rick
What/how have you tried so far?

Hi guys

Many thanks
Rick
"Abnormal battery" warning is quite usual and often and most probably for nothing. I use the same battery with the same warnings more than a year. Even the DJI Customer Service couldn't understand the problem.
If you use android try to use iPhone or vice versa and the warning may disappear with the other one.

Reactions: Binbrook
What/how have you tried so far?
hi i have followed the instructions in the dji go app which tells me to fully charge the battery then discharge it to 5v or below then recharge to 50 percent
i was going to try a youtube video which suggests charging to full then discharge until drone switches itself off but then another video says this will damage the cells

hi i have followed the instructions in the dji go app which tells me to fully charge the battery then discharge it to 5v or below then recharge to 50 percent
i was going to try a youtube video which suggests charging to full then discharge until drone switches itself off but then another video says this will damage the cells
No it will not - the same way that running a cellphone down until it turns off does not damage the battery, nor will it do any harm to the Inspire batteries.

Indeed that is the correct course of action...... allow the batteries to run down fully until the shut off. Then fully charge again (allowing the pack to cool to ambient first).
Then repeat the whole process again.

Plenty of threads already on exactly this subject over the forum. Use the search function on the forum and it will return multiple threads covering this.

No it will not - the same way that running a cellphone down until it turns off does not damage the battery, nor will it do any harm to the Inspire batteries.

Indeed that is the correct course of action...... allow the batteries to run down fully until the shut off. Then fully charge again (allowing the pack to cool to ambient first).

Plenty of threads already on exactly this subject over the forum. Use the search function on the forum and it will return multiple threads covering this.
hi many thanks for the confirmation on this it is much appreciated

"Abnormal battery" warning is quite usual and often and most probably for nothing. I use the same battery with the same warnings more than a year. Even the DJI Customer Service couldn't understand the problem.
If you use android try to use iPhone or vice versa and the warning may disappear with the other one.
hi Bay many thanks for your message i have just received confirmation on how to cycle the battery which i am going to try i will let you know if it clears the abnormal message i am getting
thanks again

rick

I've looked through tons of threads about this too and still not sure which is correct; run the batteries down to below 5% (as dji go app tells to do)? Or run them down to 3.3v when they turn off themselves (like lots of posters seem to say to do)?

I've looked through tons of threads about this too and still not sure which is correct; run the batteries down to below 5% (as dji go app tells to do)? Or run them down to 3.3v when they turn off themselves (like lots of posters seem to say to do)?
Run them down until they reach LVC and turn off. You are also ‘teaching’ the firmware in the battery where ‘zero’ percent is and where 100% is which changes over time with depleting capacity and increasing internal resistance.

Run them down until they reach LVC and turn off. You are also ‘teaching’ the firmware in the battery where ‘zero’ percent is and where 100% is which changes over time with depleting capacity and increasing internal resistance.
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds good but LVC=? I get that it's when they shut off (in my experience is 3.3v) right? I plan on cycling 3 batteries today.

If my batteries are at 50% now, should I charge before I discharge when doing this? That part is also unclear to me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds good but LVC=? I get that it's when they shut off (in my experience is 3.3v) right? I plan on cycling 3 batteries today.

If my batteries are at 50% now, should I charge before I discharge when doing this? That part is also unclear to me.
LVC = Low Voltage Cutoff

Charging to 100% first isn’t necessary but once totally discharged you should then charge fully.

Reactions: vyoufinder
hi Bay many thanks for your message i have just received confirmation on how to cycle the battery which i am going to try i will let you know if it clears the abnormal message i am getting
thanks again

rick
Hi Rick.
I did recycling several times but it didn't work. I hope you'll successful on.it.

Hi Rick.
I did recycling several times but it didn't work. I hope you'll successful on.it.
Hi bay
I have just done the process myself and battery cycle message has disappeared but now I have a data recorder abnormal message pic attached
Have you experienced this before
Rick

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-100220_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-100220_DJI GO.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 26
Hi bay
I have just done the process myself and battery cycle message has disappeared but now I have a data recorder abnormal message pic attached
Have you experienced this before
Rick
Hi Rick
I've not seen this message before. Maybe it's better to ask DJI Support Services since it seems another complication.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions