Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tb48 battery damage

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Me being an absolute tool, I put my battery back in my case the other day and didn’t see my spare lenses cap in the battery compartment which has resulted in this :-(. Would you use it? It’s not punctured but I’m still abit worried about it.

should be fine. the part there is an aluminum case to cover the 6 cells of the battery. i would just keep a close eye on that one battery to be sure

Yes....A very close eye.....Should be OK, but the problem is when it isn't OK then its a problem. I would keep that battery in a LiPo Bag

Absolute tool #2. I left two batteries outside and my son turned on the grass sprinklers. Not a good thing.

BattFire_01.jpg

BattFire_02.jpg

Reactions: ajobmusee
Yea, they got really warm and started to smoke. Once the fire started it was really intense.

SAFETY NOTE TO ANYONE::: If your batteries ever start to get really hot or smoke, get them away from yourself, cases, etc. If you are driving stop immediately and get them out of the car. Once they go off you have a big fire on your hands and you could torch a car or house. I'm sorry I lost over $300 worth of batteries but it did wake me up to the potential danger and fire hazard these amazing batteries possess. I now never put batteries back in the case and into the car without making sure that they are very cool to the touch.

I carry a couple of bags of sand just in case. As u may know, regular fire extinguishers don’t work on Lipo batteries. Class D fire extinguishers are expensive. The sand should just contain the fire until it burns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont