TB48 Problem Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
So the first charge I ever had with it, I stopped the charge at 70% because I had to leave the house and wasn't able to attend the battery when it finished. Then I tried to charge it again, and it wouldn't charge. Soon after I found out the battery was confused and thought 70% was 100%. I had to drain it to 2%. I flew it and the voltages were not correct. Charge 3 I drained it to 3.4 voltage, it was the best I could do. Now the mAh don't read 5700 on the app. This is what it shows me. Check attachment below.

Now I'm at charge 8 and the health reads 98%. I really hope I didn't damage the battery. How can I calibrate it so the battery reads 5700 mAh or at least close. I spoke to DJI and they told me to wait for charge cycle 20 and drain it completely or until the aircraft shuts off. I assume I'll drain it till I see 3.3 voltage at least and land it. Then allow the battery to drain until it shuts off.

Has anyone else came across this issue? I assume I won't get 100% health no more What is the lowest health we should have until the battery is no longer safe to use?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-01-58-11.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 16
Hello Kevin, nice to meet you. My name is Ralph and I am the owner of FlyHighUSA. We see things like this more often than not. If it was mine I would drane it to 0 completely dead and then recharge it to 100 % . This should reset the calibration on the battery and it should be fine. I i can help you in any way just give me a shout. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral

Thanks for the quick reply. Should I attempt this calibration at charge cycle 10? Instead of the 20 cycles. I'm going to drain it completely. I drained it twice in the charge 1 and 2 down to 2%. It seems it didn't calibrate. It may need a full discharge till 0% dead. Draining it till dead doesn't damage the battery right? Isn't there some protection to the cells and 0%?

Thanks again

It will not harm the battery at all to drain it to zero. I would not use it at this point until I get the calibration sorted. Also if you are mechanically inclined you can take top off and unplug the balance lead for about 20 minutes and replug but I would only do this as a last resort as it would void the warranty. Best thing to do is drop it to zero and recharge.

I was given this instruction from DJI technicians that I have access to at DJI.

Yeah I was about to say, I'll open the battery up for last resort . I still got 6 months left for the warranty haha . I'll try the 0% tomorrow. I got 2 more charges until I calibrate it agai. Will it bring the battery health to 97%? It's currently 98%. I appreciate your help. I'll report back after I'm done calibration.

Kevin - you started this thread HERE on exactly the same subject (almost word for word)
I have no idea why you have now decided to start up this thread!

This one now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.