Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tb50 custom builds

Reaction score
I've seen some discussion about this but not any real solutions. I want to know if anyone has any experience powering on the tb50 for costume builds. So far I've been able to generate a signal to turn the batteries on, but haven't been able to get the voltage out

Hit me up with a message if you are interested, I'm sure with some help will be able to work this out

I've seen some discussion about this but not any real solutions. I want to know if anyone has any experience powering on the tb50 for costume builds. So far I've been able to generate a signal to turn the batteries on, but haven't been able to get the voltage out

Hit me up with a message if you are interested, I'm sure with some help will be able to work this out
I think you meant custom (not "costume") build, right? Get this cable, you'll get the power out. However, the amount of amperage drawn will be somehow limited to a wire gauge, which is not too big. You can't modify this since multi-pin plug with activating circuitry and cable is molded in plastic. Worst case scenario, the cable may get warm ...

Last edited:
I think you meant "custom" build, right? Get this cable, you'll get the power out. However, the amount of amperage drawn will be somehow limited to a wire gauge, which is not too big. You can't modify this since multi-pin plug with activating circuitry and cable is molded in plastic. Worst case scenario, the cable may get warm ...

You're a better man than I. I have no idea what he's trying to do. Based on your reply, I can only guess that he's trying to use a TB50 for a custom built drone? But I have no idea what "generate signal to the turn the batteries on" means. What "signal???" And what is "can't get the voltage out??" I'm 99% sure the power leads become hot (energized) when the battery is powered on. The fact that DJI makes a battery cable that will power one's remote off the TB50 is testimony to that.

Without knowing the intended use of the battery (how many watts/amps he's pulling), my thoughts are that the cable you recommended is going to be too thin. The Chinese are famous for NOT "over-spec'ing" anything. So I imagine this charging cable is rated for the bare minimum wire required to charge a remote control, which is probably only a few watts...I would guess 40 watts tops, which is roughly 2 amps which is probably a #22 conductor (educated guess). If he tries to power 4 motors off that cable, he's going to be in for a big surprise. It won't just get warm. It will probably catch on fire.

D

Last edited:
You're a better man than I. I have no idea what he's trying to do. Based on your reply, I can only guess that he's trying to use a TB50 for a custom built drone? But I have no idea what "generate signal to the turn the batteries on" means. What "signal???" And what is "can't get the voltage out??" I'm 99% sure the power leads become hot (energized) when the battery is powered on. The fact that DJI makes a battery cable that will power one's remote off the TB50 is testimony to that.

Without knowing the intended use of the battery (how many watts/amps he's pulling), my thoughts are that the cable you recommended is going to be too thin. The Chinese are famous for NOT "over-spec'ing" anything. So I imagine this charging cable is rated for the bare minimum wire required to charge a remote control, which is probably only a few watts...I would guess 40 watts tops, which is roughly 2 amps which is probably a #22 conductor (educated guess). If he tries to power 4 motors off that cable, he's going to be in for a big surprise. It won't just get warm. It will probably catch on fire.

D
Donnie, I'm using this adapter to discharge TB50/55 batts with Angel device. There's some resistor inside multi-pin plug, soldered between particular posts to activate the battery. I didn't get to the very bottom of this issue. However, I can confirm that Angel is pulling approx. 6-7A current while discharging. Such current is not a problem for given wire gauge, but - naturally - significantly bigger draw may render unpleasant surprises.

one easy way to use the tb50 for custom builds ( I use them to power a red camera ) is to get the ronin 2 battery cradle - there are two 14.4V d-tap connections.

I was also looking into powering a cable cam with the TB50s but people advised me to not do it - you can read everything here :

I am interested to hear if you can get it to work ! Good luck !

I beleive you can use the parts to do what you need, buy an inspire 2 battery compartment replacement part. . Use it whole or pull the wire harness out of it.
All the wires and connectors are marked as to what they do.
I have used the matrice 100 battery .compartment and lightbridge 2 with e800 motor kit (i have 6x 6packs with esc's kit new if anyone is interested) as a cusrom build.
Worked fine other than not getting all the battery readings in lb2 (there was to be a cable dji never made to connent all the readings, the plug is there but no cable available) and having to adjust the rth low, since the battery draw fluctuates so much it confuses lb2.
Hope that all made sence.
Stan
312UAV

Attachments

• 20171005_145927.jpg
    20171005_145927.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 33

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member