Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 quirks???

Reaction score
Hello - I have an I2 and M210. Recently had an issue where the a paired set of TB50 batteries act odd in a 210. For simplicity, I’ll call the pair A and battery A1 & A2. A1 didn’t show a charge and 210 wouldn’t turn on. A2 showed a charge and worked fine. Charged A1 and tried turning on 210 with both batteries fully charged, and 210 wouldn’t turn on. Swapped battery bays on the 210, and suddenly the 210 turned on. Thought this was a fluke, and nope, it’s not. Repeated over and over.
Has anyone experienced this issue with an I2 or 210? I’m sorry for posting about a 210 in the I2 forums, but I am hoping the crossover of batteries will yield some additional experience(s)/insight.
Thank you.
Brandon

Hello - I have an I2 and M210. Recently had an issue where the a paired set of TB50 batteries act odd in a 210. For simplicity, I’ll call the pair A and battery A1 & A2. A1 didn’t show a charge and 210 wouldn’t turn on. A2 showed a charge and worked fine. Charged A1 and tried turning on 210 with both batteries fully charged, and 210 wouldn’t turn on. Swapped battery bays on the 210, and suddenly the 210 turned on. Thought this was a fluke, and nope, it’s not. Repeated over and over.
Has anyone experienced this issue with an I2 or 210? I’m sorry for posting about a 210 in the I2 forums, but I am hoping the crossover of batteries will yield some additional experience(s)/insight.
Thank you.
Brandon
I have moved this thread to the M200 section since your issue appears to be related to that aircraft. I have also deleted your other thread since we do not allow duplicate threads/posts. Once is sufficient and new posts will be picked up no matter where they are posted.

To answer your question - I have only ever seen the issue you describe when there is a mismatch between firmware versions on batteries.
I have no idea why it would work in one orientation and not another but we are talking about DJI flakey firmware here so anything is possible.

Reactions: JDSimpson
I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, or if I have misunderstood your issue, but it is my understanding that even though the batteries are interchangeable between aircraft they have to have been programmed with the firmware for the particular aircraft to be flown on that aircraft. Since the firmware for the I2 is not the same as that for the M200 series you cannot simply fly them on one and then on the other.

I have a couple of I2s and an M210 RTK and I keep the various batteries marked and separated so I don’t confuse them between the two different type of aircraft.

Thank you both for your replies and feedback. These batteries have only been used in the 210. I posted in both forums simply in hopes of getting some feedback.

I did check the firmware of both batteries and at the beginning when this issue cropped up, they were both displaying the same firmware, and were paired and updated at the same time prior to the scenario occurring. That does seem to be the most likely scenario, but I’m still perplexed at why at present time battery “A2” is only partial to working in one bay? I’ve not seen this in any scenario with the I2 or 210 since owning/using them.

My follow up to the feedback so far: should I permanently pull the pair from use, test test test some more, or just succumb to the quirk and make sure it’s nestled in its preferred bay?

Thanks again! I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thank you both for your replies and feedback. These batteries have only been used in the 210. I posted in both forums simply in hopes of getting some feedback.

I did check the firmware of both batteries and at the beginning when this issue cropped up, they were both displaying the same firmware, and were paired and updated at the same time prior to the scenario occurring. That does seem to be the most likely scenario, but I’m still perplexed at why at present time battery “A2” is only partial to working in one bay? I’ve not seen this in any scenario with the I2 or 210 since owning/using them.

My follow up to the feedback so far: should I permanently pull the pair from use, test test test some more, or just succumb to the quirk and make sure it’s nestled in its preferred bay?

Thanks again! I greatly appreciate the feedback.

Actually, I did experience the same thing with one of my I2s about a year ago with one pair of batteries. I didn't realize until after I'd started the aircraft and got error messages in the App that I had installed the batteries upside-down with respect to my labeling. I don't recall at this point what the error messages said (I didn't keep a note) but I eventually switched them around and everything was fine. I have never switched other batteries around to see if the problem would occur again. I was just so happy that the batteries weren't trashed. FUNNY..... I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS.

Actually, I did experience the same thing with one of my I2s about a year ago with one pair of batteries. I didn't realize until after I'd started the aircraft and got error messages in the App that I had installed the batteries upside-down with respect to my labeling. I don't recall at this point what the error messages said (I didn't keep a note) but I eventually switched them around and everything was fine. I have never switched other batteries around to see if the problem would occur again. I was just so happy that the batteries weren't trashed. FUNNY..... I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS.

Thanks for the reply 924! I felt the same when I discovered both still worked. I’ll tajr the company to the odd experience, but I’d still like to know how or why? In your case “battery upside down” is equally perplexing. Only one way to install the battery.
Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the reply 924! I felt the same when I discovered both still worked. I’ll tajr the company to the odd experience, but I’d still like to know how or why? In your case “battery upside down” is equally perplexing. Only one way to install the battery.
Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Upside down with regard to the labeling - the stickers I put on them. Since there is only one way to mount the battery the sticker that would showing at the top of the aircraft when mounted on the left will be underneath the aircraft when mounted on the right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44