Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Telemetry disconnect

Reaction score
Website
www.photoimagerie.com
I've owned my Inspire 1 Pro V2 since 2016 and logged many hrs without an issue. But June 12th, I had a small task to photograph a property by a lake. I followed my check list including calibrating the compass. Everything was normal. Flew to 200 feet and the Status Light flashed GREEN RED (it could have been YELLOW RED and it could have been multiple GREENS or YELLOWS and a RED, not absolutely sure) . Everything else seemd normal but then the Camera View went black and a message like "telemetry disconnect, RTH". It didn't trigger RTH but I did simply fly it back and landed. The Camera view did return on the return flight. The max distance was only 358ft. I've attached the logs and you can see at 5min 46.9secs the radio signal goes from 100% to 0, data is lost until 6m 2.9 secs, the radio signal stays 0 until 6m 33.3 secs then suddenly returns to 100%
The I1P has been well maintained, never crashed and had flown 2 flights earlier in the day without any problem. Does anyone have similar a experience or thoughts on why this error occurred.

Attachments

• 2019-06-12_14-24-56_Standard.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
I've owned my Inspire 1 Pro V2 since 2016 and logged many hrs without an issue. But June 12th, I had a small task to photograph a property by a lake. I followed my check list including calibrating the compass. Everything was normal. Flew to 200 feet and the Status Light flashed GREEN RED (it could have been YELLOW RED and it could have been multiple GREENS or YELLOWS and a RED, not absolutely sure) . Everything else seemd normal but then the Camera View went black and a message like "telemetry disconnect, RTH". It didn't trigger RTH but I did simply fly it back and landed. The Camera view did return on the return flight. The max distance was only 358ft. I've attached the logs and you can see at 5min 46.9secs the radio signal goes from 100% to 0, data is lost until 6m 2.9 secs, the radio signal stays 0 until 6m 33.3 secs then suddenly returns to 100%
The I1P has been well maintained, never crashed and had flown 2 flights earlier in the day without any problem. Does anyone have similar a experience or thoughts on why this error occurred.

100 to zero looks like an anomaly to me. Did you fly any subsequent flights? Whenever I get "weirdness," I usually just reboot everything, and the weirdness fixes itself. I also fly the Inspire 1, v2 fairly regularly (got a job today, as a matter of fact), and it's rock solid. But every rare once in a while, something won't connect up right, and a reboot fixes it.

Did you see that anomaly is subsequent flights in the same location?

D

Yes I changed the battery, checked compass & imu and flew the same area approx without issue. I have had my iPad disconnect on occasion (when sw Go to AP or the other way, closing the other app) and either reopening the app or unplugging/ré plugging the Lightening câble fixes that issue. I think there might be a clue in the tail light flashing green/red but can’t find a definition of this other than reloading firmware!! It could have been yellow/red in which case it would be compass calibration. But no other indications of a compass error and all was fine on the next flight.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44