Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Texas

Reaction score
If we can drum up some interest I'd help organize a meetup here in Austin.

Just passed my part 107, certification pending, so anyone interested in collaborating should give me a shout!

Reactions: Treehuggerchris
Wow, it's a shame you haven't heard from people. I'm always looking for folks to fly with. I'm in DFW but a drive to Austin is certainly possible.

I've found a couple places through participation with the North Texas Drone Users Group - we've got a fly-in scheduled for downtown Dallas next Saturday (cleared with Love Field and the city).

I also talk with some of my Youtube subscribers through a facebook group and we try to find places and times to fly together.

Any good places around Frisco?

I've found a couple places through participation with the North Texas Drone Users Group - we've got a fly-in scheduled for downtown Dallas next Saturday (cleared with Love Field and the city).

I also talk with some of my Youtube subscribers through a facebook group and we try to find places and times to fly together.

I flew around Lewisville Lake on Thursday. Got some good shots of the lake, boaters, a couple piers, etc.

Where can I find out more info on your fly-in? I'd love to go check it out, not necessarily fly that day.

I flew around Lewisville Lake on Thursday. Got some good shots of the lake, boaters, a couple piers, etc.

Where can I find out more info on your fly-in? I'd love to go check it out, not necessarily fly that day.

The lakes are great places to fly!

The fly-in is sponsored by the North Texas Drone User Group. Here's a link to the group's page for the event I mentioned:

North Texas Drone User Group (NTDUG)

If you want to talk with other guys who are mostly locals and like to fly together, search Facebook for "jeff sibelius texas drones" - it's a new group so we've probably got 10 locals, but I hope to add more over time. It's just a lot of fun to go flying with other people. (This is not a commercial group selling anything, by the way - hopefully I'm not violating in member terms of use.)

I PURCHASED I2 WITH ACCESSORIES BUT HAVE YET TO FLY IT, WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHERE PEOPLE MEETING UP TO GET SOME POINTERS....i SEE U PAST YOUR TEST, WAS THERE A TRAINING COURSE YOU TOOK TO STUDY THAT HELPED YOU.

HOW CAN I GET UPDATES SO NEXT TIME THERE IS A MEET UP I CAN ATTEND

Hi Houston - I took the remotepilot101.com course and it was worth every penny, for me. I also studied a couple other resources - I plan to put out a video on what I did to pass the test so I'll go into that pretty soon.

If you go to the facebook group and sign up you can talk with guys from DFW area, San Antonio and Houston - it's a friendly group so you should be able to find people to fly with there. I just flew with someone last weekend that was coordinated through the group and I want to do more of that this year. Here's the link for the group: woops, I can't post the link, don't want to violate the board's rules. Search Facebook under Jeff Sibelius Texas Drones and you should find it.

Hi. I've been posting on Phantom Pilots for meetup a few months ago.
I'm in Katy too and I fly very often. Anyone wants to meet up this weekend? I see Fulshear, Houston, Katy, and Richmond. Let me know.
I have an old I1v2

Hi. I've been posting on Phantom Pilots for meetup a few months ago.
I'm in Katy too and I fly very often. Anyone wants to meet up this weekend? I see Fulshear, Houston, Katy, and Richmond. Let me know.
I have an old I1v2
Where and when?

Reactions: marg2
Open to suggestions and depending on the weather. Around 5:30pm Saturday at the James and Sharon Tays Jr High School in Katy? Usually quiet and empty there. If not, tomorrow around 4pm, same place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry