Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

thank god for the P3!

Reaction score
lot of inspire owners hating the new phantom 3. im not sure why, this fear of the inspire being de-valued to zero because the p3 does a lot of the same things is un-warranted.

i think the people who have the most to lose are the ones who bought a second remote and that highly over priced go-professional hard case. that's over 1000 bucks. a premium everyone pays for something new. i1's wont devalue much more till the i2 comes out next year heeh.

ebay and amazon's free market are still valuing the inspire at 2500 bucks, you can get a inspire, 2 remotes and the hard case for 3000 give or take 100. at the time of this post there are 2 right now.

DJI is doing something i see in video games a lot now days. it's milking consumers for the same product as much as possible. basically everyone wants easy control over the camera and drone SOLO and DJI's flawd design has made it very difficult or nearly impossible to do well unless a second person is flying the camera, that costs more money. if you have to have it NOW, prepare to suck it up.

here is a time line

-inspire with no autonomous features and a over price second controller solution
-P3 launches with the features the inspire doesn't have but should.(intentionally)
-release inspire firmware updates unlocking more of it's potential slowly making the second transmitter obsolete and the P3 along with it.
-internet gets flooded with used inspire transmitters and tablets and p3's.

DJI is relying on a consumer's impatience to double and triple dip into your wallet. they are purposefully withholding software so the only solution is to buy their way over priced hardware like the phantom 3 or more transmitters to get the results you want.

i and everyone else pretty much wants to fly our I1's solo. autonomous ground stations features will make it possible to film and fly at the same time easily with 1 pilot. DJI knows this. if the inspire could do this now the P3 would be pointless no one would buy it. but the p3 can do it and the inspire cant.. so people will buy the p3 cursing dji's name as they do it looking at their 4000+ dollar inspire with regret.

there are 2 ways this scenario plays out and both are in favor of inspire 1 equipment getting way cheaper. and it's why i like the p3 being out in the market.

-DJI makes the p3 superior to the I1. everyone switches to the p3 thus inspire making batteries and parts cheaper because the internet is loaded with people dumping them. owning a I1 overall is cheaper. buying a second remote for 100 bucks and TB48's for 50.00 becomes the norm.

OR

-DJI releases the ground station update and we all finally get the I1 as advertised. those who bought the p3 say WTF for the 3rd time and the rest of us who waited are happy campers.

the way you avoid being taken to the cleaners with your money by DJI is being patient. the firmware inspire update will come out eventually giving us POI object tracking waypoints the whole thing. if DJI doesn't someone else will hack it if they haven't already.

i can fly and film moving objects like cars or people in skate parks solo now but it's tricky, way harder then it should be. and this is by design. once you can program a mission the person will be able to focus on the the camera 100% eliminating the need for a second person transmitter tablet or phantom 3.

i have a 10 day car race im filming in the end of june.. the ground station better be out by then or i'll be bummed.

lot of inspire owners hating the new phantom 3. im not sure why, this fear of the inspire being de-valued to zero because the p3 does a lot of the same things is un-warranted.

i think the people who have the most to lose are the ones who bought a second remote and that highly over priced go-professional hard case. that's over 1000 bucks. a premium everyone pays for something new. i1's wont devalue much more till the i2 comes out next year heeh.

ebay and amazon's free market are still valuing the inspire at 2500 bucks, you can get a inspire, 2 remotes and the hard case for 3000 give or take 100. at the time of this post there are 2 right now.

DJI is doing something i see in video games a lot now days. it's milking consumers for the same product as much as possible. basically everyone wants easy control over the camera and drone SOLO and DJI's flawd design has made it very difficult or nearly impossible to do well unless a second person is flying the camera, that costs more money. if you have to have it NOW, prepare to suck it up.

here is a time line

-inspire with no autonomous features and a over price second controller solution
-P3 launches with the features the inspire doesn't have but should.(intentionally)
-release inspire firmware updates unlocking more of it's potential slowly making the second transmitter obsolete and the P3 along with it.

DJI is relying on a consumer's impatience to double and triple dip into your wallet. they are purposefully withholding software so the only solution is to buy their way over priced hardware like the phantom 3 or more transmitters to get the results you want.

i and everyone else pretty much wants to fly our I1's solo. autonomous ground stations features will make it possible to film and fly at the same time easily with 1 pilot. DJI knows this. if the inspire could do this now the P3 would be pointless no one would buy it. but the p3 can do it and the inspire cant.. so people will buy the p3 cursing dji's name as they do it looking at their 4000+ dollar inspire with regret.

there are 2 ways this scenario plays out and both are in favor of inspire 1 equipment getting way cheaper. and it's why i like the p3 being out in the market.

-DJI makes the p3 superior to the I1. everyone switches to the p3 thus inspire making batteries and parts cheaper because the internet is loaded with people dumping them. owning a I1 overall is cheaper. buying a second remote for 100 bucks and TB48's for 50.00 becomes the norm.

OR

-DJI releases the ground station update and we all finally get the I1 as advertised. those who bought the p3 say WTF for the 3rd time and the rest of us who waited are happy campers.

the way you avoid being taken to the cleaners with your money by DJI is being patient. the firmware inspire update will come out eventually giving us POI object tracking waypoints the whole thing. if DJI doesn't someone else will hack it if they haven't already.

i can fly and film moving objects like cars or people in skate parks solo now but it's tricky, way harder then it should be. and this is by design. once you can program a mission the person will be able to focus on the the camera 100% eliminating the need for a second person transmitter tablet or phantom 3.

i have a 10 day car race im filming in the end of june.. the ground station better be out by then or i'll be bummed.
Thanks for that.......
As Mark Twain once said "Truth is stranger than fiction......"

I'm anticipating the I2[emoji6].. I got what I wanted, so that's easy enough. Waiting on software/Firmware Engineers is hopeless. Either way, it's a hobby, it's an expensive toy. I'm Happy, could care less what else comes out that doesn't sell itself to me. Don't need hype and all the sale pitches. I sold my second remote for more batteries[emoji6]! I'm by No Means a professional photographer/aerialography but I have fun[emoji6]! Fly safe and Have Fun...........

Reactions: John Archer
im also very happy with my inspire, what i have been doing is just handing the tablet over to a buddy and say "here drag your figure across the screen" it works soooo freaking well, i got a 10 foot usb extension cable and bang, just saved a 650 dollar transmitter and another 200 for another tablet. and 2 less things to charge or brake.

what im really looking into is a monocular fpv screen so i can be like an Apache pilot 1 eye flying 1 eye looking at the camera but they are also very expensive.

Thanks for that.......
As Mark Twain once said "Truth is stranger than fiction......"
dont be offended. i think im in the minority group of people who only got 1 transmitter, everyone i know or talked to got 2. but when i asked how often they used it most said never. a lot are even afraid to let a second person they don't know even hold the thing let alone turn it on, it's so expensive very few people don't want the risk. i asked 4 people at an air field im a member of and know if i could fly their inspire, all said nope, then i asked if i could fly the camera, same answer, nope. so whats the point

you have to plan with a second person, meet up, you and them have to have some kind of vibe working together to actually get a good video.... it's just a lot of work and planning. the difference between having 2 remotes and tablets compared to me just handing my tablet to the second person would probably be inconsequential.

if i hadn't asked around first i'd probably own a second one also,

Agreed to all this above.Flew my Inspire tonight in excellent conditions and no way I'm going back to whatever P2(3) is on the market.It was an unbelievable experience!Have been waiting for over 2 months for these conditions and summer is coming!
All I want is that those bugs in the firmware and app will be solved.And I told on another thread hopefully prices for batteries and parts will be cheaper now.And please DJI give those promised features.
So enjoy this great machine!:)

I haven't seen a "lot" of frustrated Inspire owners. I've seen a lot of others claiming the I1 pilots are frustrated. :confused:

I'm curious as to where these naysayers got their crystal ball? o_O

Reactions: PB30X
I'm another one controller I1 flyer, and I hated the P3 Pro so much I placed my pre-order before the livestream ended :) It'll make a much better backup than my P2V+, (soon to be known as the backup-backup). Hopefully this will increase the heat to bring waypoints and third party SDK apps to both devices.

I've been flying my I1 since January - about 3 months or so. If I had waited for a P3, I would have missed out on probably 4 months of use of the I1. I personally think it pays to be as early as you can with new tech like this since it's replaced / upgraded every 6-12 months anyway. I'll fly this and have the benefit of the full life-size of the product and feel like I have gotten my moneys worth. Buying late in a product cycle is just asking for regret and disappointment when a newer / better version / replacement comes out. I bought the first model year of my car and now that it was 5 years before they updated it. Until now, my 5 year old looked just like a 1 year old car. Not sure how good that analogy is but it's how I feel about things . . .

We all bought the I1 because we love everything about it. Who gives a flying f%$k about that little hermit that just got released.

The way I see it is, if you're going to buy something and then worry about how much you're gonna sell it for, then there's no point in buying it.

Once you've bought something, stop looking. Today, enjoy your sekC lady (I1) and tomorrow, worry about tomorrow when it comes.

Reactions: DennisR and PB30X

DJI is relying on a consumer's impatience to double and triple dip into your wallet. they are purposefully withholding software so the only solution is to buy their way over priced hardware like the phantom 3 or more transmitters to get the results you want

-DJI makes the p3 superior to the I1.
This whole argument is ruined because of the incorrect assumption it is based upon.
What feature does the P3 have (besides compactness and price) that the Inspire doesn't??

FYI the P3 DOES NOT have waypoint flying.
It's without it until someone uses the SDK to develop that feature - exactly the same as the I1 is.

This whole argument is ruined because of the incorrect assumption it is based upon.
What feature does the P3 have (besides compactness and price) that the Inspire doesn't??

FYI the P3 DOES NOT have waypoint flying.
It's without it until someone uses the SDK to develop that feature - exactly the same as the I1 is.

the premise for my topic is inspire owners getting bent out of shape because the phantom 3 has almost all the features the inspire has and maybe a couple the inspire doesn't that it should for almost half the price. look at the dji site and it's one of the biggest topics on their forum.

if what you say is correct then more power to the inspire's viability in the long run.

inspire owners getting bent out of shape because the phantom 3 has almost all the features the inspire has and maybe a couple the inspire doesn't that it should ....
if what you say is correct then more power to the inspire's viability in the long run.
It's not if ... it's fact. And it doesn't take much effort to find out for yourself.
A simple visit to the DJI website would clear up the mis-infomation.
The P3 is the Inspire in a compact package and missing some features.
It uses the same app and doesn't have extra features beyond what is included in the Inspire.
Going off half-cocked about fictitious claims is a total wast of forum space.

here is a time line

OR

here is a time line

OR

I think some one should start a class action suet because the inspire 1 was not delivered as advertised. Ground station was part of the package and not give we all paid a lot of money for something we did not get and if the p3 has it that's bs

OMG you are right. How can they put it up nearly $800! wow I was going to cancel my order after P3 but might keep it now and sell it on ebay in a month lol. I got it for $3300 AUD with the ebay $500 discount code on paypal from Kogan.

No price increase on DJI site for UK (Europe)?

you might need to be in Australia for the geo location or change the store location on the Inspire website. This used to be ~$4400 AUD

Inspire 1 with Dual Remotes
AUD $5279You Save AUD $235

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018