Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The $4 Sunshade tutorial video

I have to see if I can open an ebay account and sell stuff from NZ to the US. They would have to be $20-$25 dollars I guess or else its just not worth making them.
Pete I'm in Melbourne Australia and I'd love for you to sell me a black sun shade for my ipad Air 2. Would it be possible to make the side walls cover all the way to the corners? I noticed yours stop before the bottom. Pm me your PayPal details and I'll transfer you $25 AUD plus postage.
Cheers.

Last edited:
You would think that the part would be available here in the US, but I have not been able to source it.

So you charge a little more for making the kits;). I gotta have one for the iPad Air 2. Have tried two different ones and not satisfied.:( Can't get the corner pieces in Canada. :mad:

We can get the Foam Core here so you might just want to sell the precut moldings in a kit or do it both ways... The moldings would be cheaper to ship and wouldn't be prone to damage. The Foam Core might be subject to damage in shipping....

Just got my corner joins today! Got the board too. Will be making subtle changes, black corners, longer sides for a smother look!

Great hood / shade. For a start I would be more than happy to PP the money to you without having to go through a formal sales procedure. Cant find those neat corner pieces in the UK either.

Great hood / shade. For a start I would be more than happy to PP the money to you without having to go through a formal sales procedure. Cant find those neat corner pieces in the UK either.

Ditto....

great tutorial, but I too cannot find the corner pieces here in the USA

you might want to try making some and selling them on eBay as mentioned!

You could probably charge $50+ and get some sales I'd imagine. I can't find anything that looks as good as yours

It's called foam-core and I brought it from a place in NZ called Warehouse Stationary. You can also use core-flute board which is what real estate signs are often made of. There are two grades of core flute so you'll want to make sure you steal a for sale sign made of the heavy duty core flute if you can't find foam-core board.

Reactions: Wiski23
You can also buy the foam sheets at any decent arts/craft store and they come in a variety of colours if you want to add some "bling'' to your shade if that helps anyone? :D

Reactions: Wiski23
I tried to make one. However i still experience glare / reflection of the sky directly coming from behind me. It doesnt work that well for me. from the sides it definitely good. I did a little RnD, i realise the top sunshade piece need to be angled, and with me looking at the screen and tilting it in such a way that it only reflects towards the top piece.

great tutorial, but I too cannot find the corner pieces here in the USA

you might want to try making some and selling them on eBay as mentioned!

You could probably charge $50+ and get some sales I'd imagine. I can't find anything that looks as good as yours
I'm selling the edge extrusions for $25 per kit incl shipping anywhere worldwide. PM me your email address for PP invoice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1