Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The Best Place To Cali IMU

Reaction score
Good Morning, Just a simple Question .What is the best place to calibrate the IMU before you fly? I know on a flat level surface.If I plan on going to the beach can I just Cali on my table at my house then when I get to the beach or other field just recalibrate my compass?

Good Morning, Just a simple Question .What is the best place to calibrate the IMU before you fly? I know on a flat level surface.If I plan on going to the beach can I just Cali on my table at my house then when I get to the beach or other field just recalibrate my compass?
You are best doing the calibration on the ground not a table. The aircraft must be vibration free during the process so needs to be away from any footfall or traffic. I had a tractor go past the other day during a IMU calibration and it failed and I had to start again.

What he said ^^^^^^^^ :)

Level, vibration free surface. It is also advisable to run the calibration from a 'cold' state. That doesn't mean put it in the fridge...... I mean run the calibration before the flight controller has had a chance to get warm/hot so turn the Inspire on and as soon as the nice lady has said "Welcome to your aircraft" etc go straight in and calibrate.

After that, calibrate your compass in a known good location and you are good to go. There is no need to calibrate your compass when you get to wherever you are flying.
Just check your mod values during your pre flight checklist and you are good.

What he said ^^^^^^^^ :)

Level, vibration free surface. It is also advisable to run the calibration from a 'cold' state. That doesn't mean put it in the fridge...... I mean run the calibration before the flight controller has had a chance to get warm/hot so turn the Inspire on and as soon as the nice lady has said "Welcome to your aircraft" etc go straight in and calibrate.

After that, calibrate your compass in a known good location and you are good to go. There is no need to calibrate your compass when you get to wherever you are flying.
Just check your mod values during your pre flight checklist and you are good.
This place rocks....

Reactions: Scotflieger
I always use my pool table. 2inch slate, sitting on concrete. It's the most level surface in my house.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I always use my pool table

I like your idea but (only just) before ordering myself a pool table I realised a square piece of multiplex, 4 adjustable feet and a bubble, placed on a concrete floor, does the same trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan