Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"The Circle," a short video entirely with the Inspire 2

Reaction score
Website
www.airnashville.net
Here's the link:

Very interesting short completely captured with the Inspire 2. While they did do some aerial shots one of the more interesting things they did was replace a use of a Ronin or steady cam by using the Inspire 2 either hand held or mounted on to various devices. It made me think about how I've always conceptualized my creativity around actually flying rather than thinking outside the box. Some fairly simple work and common materials and one could fabricate a jib boom, dolly, etc and really open up possibilities. How many of you are using your UAVs in non-flight modes for projects and what ways or modifications have you made? Maybe we could develop an area of the forum that's devoted to this topic?

Reactions: Phatzo
its ok, but basically my x5r osmo does the same things one handed with monitor and focus wheel on board and way smaller.

Reactions: dopeytree
Here's the link:

Very interesting short completely captured with the Inspire 2. While they did do some aerial shots one of the more interesting things they did was replace a use of a Ronin or steady cam by using the Inspire 2 either hand held or mounted on to various devices. It made me think about how I've always conceptualized my creativity around actually flying rather than thinking outside the box. Some fairly simple work and common materials and one could fabricate a jib boom, dolly, etc and really open up possibilities. How many of you are using your UAVs in non-flight modes for projects and what ways or modifications have you made? Maybe we could develop an area of the forum that's devoted to this topic?

I've done a few bits 'walking' the Inspire hand held but it takes practice to eliminate the slight up and down 'bobbing' effect as the gimbal doesn't compensate for linear, vertical movement. It's noticeable because you are invariably very close to the subject unlike when flying. I find the best approach is to walk with soft legs and hold the aircraft at arms length, but it soon tires the muscles so only good for short clips. If you can afford it an Osmo handle with Z axis is the tool to use and I should think it's much easier to adapt for the other uses you mention.

Unless you are actually 'flying' the drone, then you are not 'filming' with a drone. You are using the drone as a camera mount. If you intend to 'land lock' your drone to use it as a camera then just use an Osmo, and there are now mounts for the Osmo that eliminates any walking motion from the shot. Now filming an entire project/ short/ music video etc with the drone flying in 3 dimensional airspace, thats a great skill and should be explored as you must learn to 'think' in 3d camera moves, very similar to how video game programmers think in 3d space with their virtual camera moves.

I would love to see some production stills from this short.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide