Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The French have developed a "Quad Catcher" to capture flying Quad's

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
2607A7C000000578-2966482-image-a-13_1424769250326.jpg

2607A7CF00000578-2966482-image-a-12_1424769245875.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Imagine that was your job at a stadium or huge event.

"Alright quad team, any unidentified UAVs are to be caught and returned to base"

I want that job!

so is this to catch or STEAL or "down" someone elses craft? come near my inspire with that and i would down your s800 - s1000. my $3000 craft will easily take down a $10000+ drone. that and it couldnt catch up to a inspire lol

Ya right ..like there going to chase you around with a net like you're a butterfly. .I think this is funny !!
Let's face it this isn't going to work unless you're hovering. .
we all know the best way to handle a drone ..but let's not say..
I'd hate for my neighbor who put up a geo fence thinking that would keep me from flying over his property to catch on..
Not sure why he would do this because I didn't fly over it after I found out he didn't like it..
so I'm wondering why after 2 months he posted to his friends on Facebook to put up a geo fence. .
Sorry guys I couldn't resist. .I did a few hot laps over his property to see if his geo fence worked ..it didn't
saw him at the post office and asked him how his fence worked ?? He looked surprised and said" I don't know" and I said it didn't work and laughed and walked off.
he's the same guy that said I was peeping into someones windows. .
I had to pay him a visit to let him know this was unexceptable. .
another keyboard tuff guy..
turbo. .

... he's the same guy that said I was peeping into someones windows. .
I had to pay him a visit to let him know this was unexceptable. .
another keyboard tuff guy..

I cannot for the life of me figure out what people have against these aircraft. Peeping Toms? Really? Have they any idea how wide these cameras are shooting and how close you'd have to get to see anything? You'd have to practically crash through the bloody window and fly inside to get anything close to a clear view!

What a piece of work some people are. :rolleyes:

Geo fencing should be treated like cell phone jammers! :mad:

I cannot for the life of me figure out what people have against these aircraft. Peeping Toms? Really? Have they any idea how wide these cameras are shooting and how close you'd have to get to see anything? You'd have to practically crash through the bloody window and fly inside to get anything close to a clear view!

What a piece of work some people are. :rolleyes:
Yes it's bad enough to have to defend ourselves from the truth, but to defend ourselves from a lie is a whole different ball game..

Reactions: InspiredOne
GEO FENCE bwhahahahaha only if DJI adds it to the Firmware updates will it maybe work. Any company that trys to sell you a geo fence that will stop a drone from flying near your house is "STEALING" your money, not a single geo fence could stop the inspire other the the airport no fly zones imbedded in the firmware. lol

If they want to get serious about protecting No Fly Zones for drones the Chinese might be on a more effective path. Lasers! Just scale it down to the right size and use less power for the very vulnerable small drones. Besides cost, I guess it has the downside of disabled drones falling out the sky, however, I think the French net technique will likely also result in both drones fall out the sky - if they can actually catch a rogue drone :)

From a news article last fall:
China unveils laser drone defence system | World news | The Guardian
"China has developed a highly accurate laser weapon system that can shoot down light drones at low altitude, state media reported.

The machine has a 1.2-mile range and can bring down “various small aircraft” within five seconds of locating its target, the official Xinhua news agency said, citing a statement by the China Academy of Engineering Physics (CAEP), one of the developers.

Xinhua showed pictures of large metal boxes in camouflage paint and the wreckage of a small drone, some of it burning.

The laser system is expected to “play a key role in ensuring security during major events in urban areas” and address concerns on unlicensed mapping activities, according to Xinhua. It is effective up to a maximum altitude of 500 metres and against aircraft flying at up to 50 metres per second (112mph), Xinhua said."

Reactions: Mazz
Here I am thinking radio disruption or focused EMP style anti-drone methods. LASERS!!! Of course. That makes sense. I am sure we will see more of this. It also has the added effect of blowing up anything that might be on board high over peoples heads. Not great but better than the alternative.

Thanks for making me revisiting a thread of 8 months old.

Why did you leave France then?

Ahah you are welcome, well I haven't noticed it's was so old sorry.
I left because they starting to make tools to catch drones and I am a pro-drone guy haha otherwise I just left for my studies in the U.S and then I was in love with the country so I made the decision to stay and work here.

Ahah you are welcome, well I haven't noticed it's was so old sorry.
I left because they starting to make tools to catch drones and I am a pro-drone guy haha otherwise I just left for my studies in the U.S and then I was in love with the country so I made the decision to stay and work here.
No worries mate! I was just kidding. France is wonderful. Been there a lot.

Welcome by the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions