Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The latest list of compatible lenses for the X5

There is some confusion on other sites about the correct version of the Panasonic Lumix 14-42 zoom that will fit the X5. The version that fits is this one >>
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.
108g
The 14-42mm pancake lens will NOT fit. It is too wide.

While we're on the subject, I used the Olympus 14-42mm successfully for a year, but a gimbal problem has emerged: tilt gimbal has started buzzing and vibrating and going into instability in certain conditions. It particularly doesn't like being tilted down 45 deg at wide-zoom. It used to listed on the DJI list of approved lenses, but now isn't. I can only speculate that a firmware upgrade has changed the gimbal behaviour and it no longer can carry it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dopeytree
Don't see it in the list... I've been using the lightweight version of the Laowa 7.5mm f/2 wide angle on the X5 on an Osmo. Not found any issues with it so far... seems to balance happily enough. As it's fully manual, it does take a bit of fiddling to set the exposure values though. Photos and video seem to turn out OK.

There is some confusion on other sites about the correct version of the Panasonic Lumix 14-42 zoom that will fit the X5. The version that fits is this one >>
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S.
108g
The 14-42mm pancake lens will NOT fit. It is too wide.

While we're on the subject, I used the Olympus 14-42mm successfully for a year, but a gimbal problem has emerged: tilt gimbal has started buzzing and vibrating and going into instability in certain conditions. It particularly doesn't like being tilted down 45 deg at wide-zoom. It used to listed on the DJI list of approved lenses, but now isn't. I can only speculate that a firmware upgrade has changed the gimbal behaviour and it no longer can carry it.
Hi Redcopters
The Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II ASPH. MEGA O.I.S. is able to zoom with the app (also during recording)?

(not seen in the 14-24 pancake).

Not seen in pancake? 14-24? Is there a 14-24 or was that a typo? Which lens do you mean? Which zoom lens do you like best?

I am seeing some garbage quality at 42mm near infinity focus on the Olympus 14-42mm. Still playing with calibration and zoom but to me it appears to be really bad optics.

I can report that the Panasonic Lumix 25mm f1.7 lens does work with the DJI X5. Has a pretty fast autofocus (for the X5) and seems to lock in pretty well. Haven't had a chance to really push it yet to see what it can do, but for less than $150.00 bucks (on Ebay) it was hard to pass up.

Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens H-H025K B&H Photo Video

I know this is 2 years later... How did it perform? 2 years later would you recommend the lens still?

I know this is 2 years later... How did it perform? 2 years later would you recommend the lens still?

Nice lens, good for chasing fast moving objects (cars, etc.) as it gives a decent level of zoom without too many problems with camera shake.

HI guys, I was wondering if someone can explain the difference of what the 12/42 EZ and the 45mm can do out in the world.
please bear with me I am a old guy !! :) and trying to get some info from the best people !

I have the 45MM now and its a perfect balance with the front balance ring on it. have not used it yet
I also want to purchase the 14/42 as well. I see that the zoom part on this one goes in and out , so how is that one balanced.
I did finally figure out that I have to go with the pancake vers of this lens as well.
Thanks for any info.
Jeff

HI guys, I was wondering if someone can explain the difference of what the 12/42 EZ and the 45mm can do out in the world.
please bear with me I am a old guy !! :) and trying to get some info from the best people !

I have the 45MM now and its a perfect balance with the front balance ring on it. have not used it yet
I also want to purchase the 14/42 as well. I see that the zoom part on this one goes in and out , so how is that one balanced.
I did finally figure out that I have to go with the pancake vers of this lens as well.
Thanks for any info.
Jeff

The 45mm lens is a bit sharper than the 14/42 and would be my choice for any relatively zoomed in shot.

However, the 14/42 comes into it’s own for building inspections where fine quality details become less important then the flexibility offered by the it’s zoom capabilities.

Yes, you will need the pancake version, which remains adequately balanced at either end of it’s zoom range.

Surprisingly, even my 45/175 (yes 350mm equivalent) remains in balance as it extends through it’s zoom range. I guess that whilst the external parts of the lens are extending, some internal parts must be retracting to keep the balance about the same!

Reactions: Pixar
thank you so much. I do think I will have both.... but the 14/42 actually zooms in and out with the controller ?
I still dont understand why it wont need some kind of balance , even when the zoom is all the way out. sorry
for the crazy questions, I just dont want to burn out the gimbal motors , so when its fully in (pancaked) its a
perfect balance? now when extending the lens that wont throw it off at all?

Boy I bet that 45/175 is super long !! post a oic if you can :) oh oh oh, maybe I should get that instead LOL

thank you so much. I do think I will have both.... but the 14/42 actually zooms in and out with the controller ?
I still dont understand why it wont need some kind of balance , even when the zoom is all the way out. sorry
for the crazy questions, I just dont want to burn out the gimbal motors , so when its fully in (pancaked) its a
perfect balance? now when extending the lens that wont throw it off at all?

Yes, the Go4 app will add a zoom control to the main display whenever a zoom lens is installed.

A bit about balancing the lens:

When the I2 is turned off it fully closes the lens and at that point the gimbal does become very imbalanced but it doesn’t matter as it is no longer powered.

For that reason, in order to check the balance of the gimbal you must first power-up the I2 and the pop both batteries out (without powering down) so the the lens is left in the open position but the gimbal is not powered.

You will find that a 6-10g filter plus the hood that comes with the lens should get you balanced. It worked for me.

I have used the 14/42 regularly for around two years without any issues.

Reactions: Pixar
Boy I bet that 45/175 is super long !! post a oic if you can :) oh oh oh, maybe I should get that instead LOL

I wouldn’t recommend the 45/175 for two reasons:

1. It requires a custom balance weight which adds a large amount of weight to the rear of the gimbal. This needs to be asymmetric in design to counteract the rotation force on the gimbal caused but the rear gimbal motor being slightly off axis

2. Is is temperamental to focus and whilst it produces reasonable still images it really isn’t stable enough for video, even at the 45mm end!

Reactions: swilken and Pixar
The 45mm lens is a bit sharper than the 14/42 and would be my choice for any relatively zoomed in shot.

However, the 14/42 comes into it’s own for building inspections where fine quality details become less important then the flexibility offered by the it’s zoom capabilities.

Yes, you will need the pancake version, which remains adequately balanced at either end of it’s zoom range.

Surprisingly, even my 45/175 (yes 350mm equivalent) remains in balance as it extends through it’s zoom range. I guess that whilst the external parts of the lens are extending, some internal parts must be retracting to keep the balance about the same!

Got the 14/42 Pancake, and its great , however the rear still wants to drop when fully extended with the batteries out on the drone. and having the 45mm balance ring on it plus a filter. any suggestions ? I see a Hood I may try on B&H ... Thanks for any input.

I'm new to this...I'm sorry if I'm asking questions that have been asked and answered before...

I just got an Inspire Pro with the X5, but it didn't come with a lens. I ordered the Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ. I understand that I need to balance it somehow...so, I would like an ND filter and I found a set on Amazon (B01K9O1OJC). Will these be enough to balance or do I still need a balance ring (B01D409Q2A)? Does all of this stuff, "just work" together. One thing just screws into the other? Do I need other items to properly balance like a hood (B0062F1K3S). I'm listing these things in particular as I've seen them listed together with this particular lens.

Help?

I’m seeing this new Panasonic Lens for like $150 is it compatible with X5 PANASONIC LUMIX G LENS, 25MM, F1.7 ASPH., MIRRORLESS MICRO FOUR THIRDS, H-H025K (USA BLACK)

Hi Trevor and fellow Inspire users,

Awhile back I was able to use the same lens for video. Everytime I switch it to stills, it had the fisheye image. I never did take the shot, so I'm not unable to test if OP Remover will fix the image.

Can someone with the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm f/4.0-5.6 - fly and take a still shot at 100mm and share the image? Can they use the OP remover and see if the image looks normal? THANK YOU

These are lenses i am using and have tried to use my findings so far are:-

I have tested the Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm f/4.0-5.6 Asph Mega O.I.S and with weights at full zoom (see pictures ) works perfectly so far i use it for roof inspections

.View attachment 9528View attachment 9529View attachment 9530View attachment 9531View attachment 9532View attachment 9533View attachment 9534View attachment 9535View attachment 9536View attachment 9537

Chnjab, can you take still with the Panasonic LUMIX G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. I can take stills but I can usually not open the DNG files from it? 1 in 10 times it works. I have tried to put on the lens different ways. Calibrated lens. Start in AF/manual focus start in A, S & M mode and can't find out why it sometimes works...?

Can you please ta one stills if you haven't tried and try to open them in Photoshop camera RAW

I have the latest firmware for PS & Camera RAW + latest firmware for the X5 View attachment 10104
I know this is years later but this is what happened to me today, is this still the only fix for this?

Charlie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop