Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The More I Read the More I Become Confused

I disagree. X5S is comparable to Alexa - see excellent comparison by Sebastian Wober from Cinema 5D - DJI Inspire 2 Review - The Drone that Rivals ARRI Alexa Image Quality? | cinema5D
I am talking about the large format Arri Mini - hence the LF.

He says that the footage can be fairly well color matched with Arri footage. Well, a decent colorist will get close with a GoPro and enough effort in the suite!
He also mentions numerous times how the Arri footage has smoother color rendition and higher dynamic range and in the final section quotes that the only way you will outperform the X5S is to lift an Arri Alexa airborne on a heavy lift UAV.
Additionally, the X5S will not take cinema quality primes.
Did you actually read the article?

I am talking about the large format Arri Mini - hence the LF.

He says that the footage can be fairly well color matched with Arri footage. Well, a decent colorist will get close with a GoPro and enough effort in the suite!
He also mentions numerous times how the Arri footage has smoother color rendition and higher dynamic range and in the final section quotes that the only way you will outperform the X5S is to lift an Arri Alexa airborne on a heavy lift UAV.
Additionally, the X5S will not take cinema quality primes.
Did you actually read the article?

With all due respect, if you haven't shot and graded with Arri, Red, Sony and X5S raw, then why comment at all? These (and all) topics in professional forums are best left to those with personal experience. Otherwise they are merely conjecture, or pissing in the wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44