Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The "No Problems Whatsoever With My Inspire 1" Thread

Some of the Inspires suffer from excessive play in the T-Junction joint that extend out to the motors. This causes a vibration problem that manifests itself as a resonance when flying that transfers not only to the airframe but to the gimbal and can cause jello.
DJI have a fix for this using shims within the joint that clamps the arm tighter and fixes the loose arm syndrome.
I did not want to lose my Inspire for 6 months so I applied the fix myself. It can be done quite easily as long as you are methodical and careful.

This is the problem - >

Wow. Do you think at some point everyone will have this issue or is it just a few here and there?

It was more like bad assembly on some early units. Never heard about people getting the problem through aging.

Funny how this turned into an "Excessive Play In The T-Junction" thread instead (unintenional rhyme:eek:))!!!

I have at least 10 full flights on mine. Not a single problem, and I love it! I've had a lot of different quads, and this one is hands down the best.

My Inspire 1 should be here on Wednesday. I hope to post nothing but great things on this thread. Since you guys have nothing but positive things in here..... what tablet has worked best? iPad Mini 2 or 3 or Galaxy.

Some of the Inspires suffer from excessive play in the T-Junction joint that extend out to the motors. This causes a vibration problem that manifests itself as a resonance when flying that transfers not only to the airframe but to the gimbal and can cause jello.
DJI have a fix for this using shims within the joint that clamps the arm tighter and fixes the loose arm syndrome.
I did not want to lose my Inspire for 6 months so I applied the fix myself. It can be done quite easily as long as you are methodical and careful.

This is the problem - >
Do you think a recent order would have this corrected? Shims already installed?

My Inspire 1 should be here on Wednesday. I hope to post nothing but great things on this thread. Since you guys have nothing but positive things in here..... what tablet has worked best? iPad Mini 2 or 3 or Galaxy.

I'm using the Nexus 9 and it works excellent. Screen can be set real clear and minimum weight. The white version also looks as if designed for the remote controller.
The only argument I can bring up to choose for an iPad is the availability of dedicated sunhoods (also referred to as shadepads) This is not the case for the Nexus 9. I am currently waiting for my Padhat Hybrid (designed for Ipad Air) from Hoodvision to try this on the Nexus 9 my but cannot tell yet that it will fit, although I expect it to do.

Rob
(Netherlands)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla