Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thermal image taken is in black and white

Reaction score
Hi All.

Been using DJI Inspire 1 with the Zenmuse XT for slightly a year now and we have been experiencing, the thermal image recorded using video format is following the color pallet you selected during flight. However, any thermal photos that was taken is automatically recorded/saved in black and white thermal image. We have to re-select the color pallet in post processing by using flir tools.

So, anyone knows how or if there is anyway, that we can set the thermal image photos taken, is automatically saved to the memory card using whatever color pallet that was selected during flight? And not black and white.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Jason

Dont think so... but have you tried using the Dji XT Thermal APP?? Dont have it handy right now, but may have those options.

I believe that the GoApp and XT Thermal app both saved the Pallet choice that was currently selected, but mine is in for repair so can't confirm. Everything goes to post processing anyway for me, so doesn't really matter. I just choose the Pallet choice that provides best first view when performing data collection.

We have had the same issue since the last time we updated firmware. Somehow the firmware says it took the 1.31 packet but when you look in the controller it says the z-xt is still on version 1.24 and that's when the b&w pics started as well as the video files being recorded in a weird way almost like it's only saving every 3rd frame of the video. Definitely wish we wouldn't have ever done the last update. We have spoken to flir and dji and they both say they cant give us the previous firmware and the only way to help would be to send it to China (for several months) so we have just been suffering with it and adding another layer to the process by having to slow the videos to. 3x slow (because a 9 min video is recorded as a 3 min video and plays super fast makes it very difficult for inspections until you slow it down. Very unfortunate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters