Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

things im stuck with pls help inspire 2 newbie

Reaction score
1 Gimble wheel right hand side say locked ?
2 What video software is worth it , anyone have light works ?
3 Any one know the best setting doe this lens Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

Hoping for help thanks in advance

3 Any one know the best setting doe this lens Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8

I wish I could help ... Try to put a bit more effort describing the issues, possibly in English ;) ...

Hi Nick, can't help with 1st Q, but #2: try DaVinci Resolve. They have a free version, and if you decide to stick with it, a superb $300 version. #3: the 45mm is a lot of fun and your best setting will depend on your use. If you want shallow Depth Of Field, this lens will definitely give you that. F/1.8 is your shallowest DoF option (everything else being equal), but you can get bokeh from f/4, f/5.6, etc. by focusing on a foreground element with separation from a background element (like a person or tree in f/g with a gorge far away in the b/g). Video will hide lens weaknesses like vignetting and lower sharpness in the corners better than stills will. Good luck! And don't get discouraged about your English skills, just keep working on it.

One more thing Nick- the 45mm is the most sensitive to weight imbalance, so spend some time getting the right counterbalance for the ND filter(s) you want to use. And if you want shallow DOF, you'll want a few ND options. I find a 3 stop ND, a Polarizer, and a 6 stop ND , each on their own, or in combination, cover most uses. If you add a lens hood to control flare, you can end up needing quite a lot of weight on the back of the gimbal.

One more thing Nick- the 45mm is the most sensitive to weight imbalance, so spend some time getting the right counterbalance for the ND filter(s) you want to use. And if you want shallow DOF, you'll want a few ND options. I find a 3 stop ND, a Polarizer, and a 6 stop ND , each on their own, or in combination, cover most uses. If you add a lens hood to control flare, you can end up needing quite a lot of weight on the back of the gimbal.
Oh, you made my face red :D! How did you figured out what Nick meant by "anyone have light works?"? Or what is "RH gimble wheel"? I think he assumed that RH wheel on RC is controlling gimbal yaw, since LH wheel does control tilt. That's not the case with standard DJI RC. Multiple other functions of RH wheel are activated by pushing it first (unlocking), as described in manual.

Anyway, if Nick is looking for a simple, user friendly video editing software involving "not-too-heavy work" load, DaVinci Resolve will make him scream in first 15 minutes ...

While proper lens balancing is always important with Zenmuse X* gimbals, it's not really that critical. Olympus 45mm lens is particularly difficult to maintain in aerial videography due to camera vibrations. ND filtering is necessary to keep 1/60 shutter value for 30 fps footage with enough blur, avoiding dreaded jello artifact with faster shutters. That said, lens hood will significantly increase camera shake caused by air turbulences during flight. For stills lens hood may help to eradicate lens flare, but ND filtering is not recommended in general ...

Nick, Get ready to spend quite a few hours learning whatever video editor you choose. Learning curves are real. Too real. I also recommend Davinci Resolve. Secondly, if you're a newby the 45mm lens is probably not the one you want to start with. Start with a 15mm and learn to fly with it. Then move up later. The 45 can be a bear as it can create terrible jello video imagery if conditions are not just right "windy" and it is not balanced correctly. Thirdly, go onto DJI's website and download the full owner's manual if you don't have it. You now own one of the most sophisticated drones out there. Take the time to learn about it, Good luck.

Reactions: JCFP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123