Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thinking of a new Inspire 2

Reaction score
Well, as soon as I saw Inspire 2, decided to put the I1 on EBay. But I took the 1 out for a flight today and have never had any problems with it. It handles beautifully, everything works well.
I know the 2 has some neat features like avoidance but I'm wondering if I'm rushing into this without giving it enough thought. The 2 probably realistically won't ship till Feb or March.

Anyone else feeling the same way??

Yea.. That plus there will be bugs to work out as with any new product. I will wait to see what the reaction is from other "beta testers". It's no secret that DJI has been turning out lots of new products and the R&D seems to be a little behind.

The I2 is sexy as hell, no doubt. I don't do a lot of video currently, so I'm going to stick with the I1P for now. I'm still getting great photos out of the X5, so I'll just enviously sit on the sidelines.

That is, until the video jobs pick up...

Reactions: Highrpm955
The I2 is sexy as hell, no doubt. I don't do a lot of video currently, so I'm going to stick with the I1P for now. I'm still getting great photos out of the X5, so I'll just enviously sit on the sidelines.

That is, until the video jobs pick up...
The Inspire 3 is already on DJI's drawing boards, with spherical force field, X5 Extra Super 8K camera and 600mbps bitrate :D ... So, by the time you finally decide to purchase the I2 it'll be as sexy as your gasoline lawnmower ...

Reactions: gruvpix and Mikhael
I've got this gnawing feeling that early adapting can wait at this time. The I2 probably won't really come out until Feb. The retailers don't know much about it and few have offered any kind of package. One didn't know that the camera wasn't included for $2999.
Oh well pulled my baby off eBay, It can wait. Here in Arizona we dont have lawnmowers, maybe that's why we're impatient

Jimmy, the I1 is still a fantastic machine to fly. As much as the i2 would be amazing to have, and if I had the money I would probably order one, but... on the other hand, I have no complaints with the i1, flight times are not an issue at all for me, the x5r is still an outstanding camera and delivers very high quality footage. Obstacle avoidance whilst very nice to have, I dont always fly forward. Maybe if it was like the Phantom 4 Pro then I would be more interested but it could take away from flight planning and make you a bit lazy on that side of things. I think full awareness of your surroundings really is so important. The only time really I would like to have had 360 obstacle avoidance was when I was flying in doors with lots things I could hit, and this would be a useful aid to have.

I guess redundancy of 2 batteries is always a plus, but then it is still a quad at the end of the day, although from my experience and what I have seen it seems to be battery issues are the more likely scenario than a motor failing. (the video of one nearly dropping on a skier even though it was an octocopter was a perfect example, meant nothing having 8 motors).

I think I need to find the limits of my i1 before I make the jump to the i2. x3 and x5 were limitations for me initially, and the x5r is just perfect for what I do. The FPV camera is again a nice option, but not essential for me.

One big feature that I really hope will be possible on the inspire is Tripod mode. Having used it on the Mavic, it is truly amazing. I would choose this over any of the other features available on the i2 for sure.

I think for me at the moment the phantom 4 pro would be the best companion to the inspire 1 and Mavic. Its a very good price considering the huge upgrade. The higher bitrate is a massive plus!

Whilst I still have my inspire 1, I will pray for a Tripod Mode on DJI Go or even Litchi`s own version of this.

Thanks for your wise comments. I have the Mavic on order (easier to travel with). Your right some things that you think you need, you really don't. They sound good..but then again will you use them.
Looking forward to the Mavic. Thanks again for your thoughtful response.

I have the I1 and was wondering if the camera on the I2 (x4s) correct me if I'm wrong , is compatible with the gimble on the l1 v2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using InspirePilots mobile app

As has been stated in many places, the X4S and X5S will not work on the Inspire 1, period.

The image processor for both cameras is installed in the Inspire 2 aircraft, not in the camera body, whereas in the Inspire 1 X3, X5, X5R, etc, the image processor (SOC) is in the camera bodies themselves.

Reactions: Mikhael
The BIG upgrade question......

I think it comes down to what you use it for. I built all my multi-rotors until a bit of TV work came in and the client said " Do you have an Inspire? " "Of course" I said. After I raced out and got one with the X5 camera I was a little disappointed at first. The camera was sensational, no doubt about that, but the aircraft wasn't quite as good as what I hoped for. 15-18 flight times, single IMU, no FPV camera etc etc, it basically had the same sensors from the Phantom 2.
These days I enjoy flying my I1 and it does what it's supposed to do.
From my ramblings you must be thinking I would jump at the I2 but now that I have learned a little more about DJI, that won't be happening.

The Inspire 1 can do its job when I need it but my P4 does MANY jobs!!! And a P4 Pro is on order.
I nearly got a Mavic but I'll be waiting for Mavic 2.

As a final thought, I just can't part with my Inspire and lose SO much money on it.... Have a look around at what they are fetching......

Nope, the I1 stays with me. It has its short comings but in the end it's been a solid aircraft and who knows, one day it might be collectable???

:)

PS: I live on a houseboat and lawn mowers are optional....

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

In the same boat here. I feel like the I1 is a great complement with the Osmo Pro X5. When you do cut shots from ground to air, its pretty **** good after post edit. Many of us on here have a critical eye, and the general public couldn't tell you if you shot it with a GoPro, a P4, or Mavic, I1, or even I2. Most of it comes down to the end user, and how well you work with what you got.. Myself included, I find that I can still learn new things even with the I1, and X5.. Im content, so I'll wait it out for a bit.

In the same boat here. I feel like the I1 is a great complement with the Osmo Pro X5. When you do cut shots from ground to air, its pretty **** good after post edit. Many of us on here have a critical eye, and the general public couldn't tell you if you shot it with a GoPro, a P4, or Mavic, I1, or even I2. Most of it comes down to the end user, and how well you work with what you got.. Myself included, I find that I can still learn new things even with the I1, and X5.. Im content, so I'll wait it out for a bit.
Some very few of us - non-professional dinosaurs - don't give a s%^t about public places like YouTube, where publishing a video without supposedly sensational content (or a young lady with barely covered ****** entrance) will generate 10 or 15 views top. We are the end users, and for that reason we expect the best possible given technology and budget can offer. Inspire 1 Pro delivers the goods I'm expecting, period ...

If you have to sell the I1 you probaly won't get what you'd like as everyone is trying to dump the I1 for the i2's. Good for me, I just got a I1 at a nice price

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan