Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thinking of upgrading from Phantom Any thoughts?

its unclear, its pretty well impossible to tell which version you have. they did change the brackets for the arms that move during landing/flight mode and im not sure what else. they dont have very good documentation. i know my inspire is one of the first models and the carbon fiber arms are ridiculously thin. someone suggested they may have started using thicker tubes but ive seen no info supporting this theory. mine are 22mm outside diameter and 19.5mm inside diameter, i know this cause it shattered like a rotten toothpick on a crash. a new on cost 400$ so i was lookin into replacing with an aftermarket carbon fiber tube from another source but this proved impossible. Ive seen no other measurements from anyone else to compare with so its unclear if they did improve them or not.

The flatness of the surface during power on doesnt matter, only the fact that it remain stationary during the process. I launch trouble free from slanted surfaces all the time. Fly aways are the most overstated problem with these and 99.9% of reported "fly aways" are due to user error, unfortunately djis documentation isnt the best and people have no idea they are doing something wrong so they blame the drone. Switching to atti mode would probably prevent over half of these issues when the drone starts behaving erratic but people panic and forget, and likely dont know how to fly proficiently in atti mode anyway. they trust gps flight mode as being infallible and its not, you will lose gps signal at some point if you fly very much and knowing how to handle atti mode is something every pilot should know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla