Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

This Inspire 1 is yours if you can retrieve it

Reaction score
Website
www.harvestmediaministry.com
If you live in the Syracuse, NY area, or are willing to travel there, there is an Inspire 1 (minus the camera) stuck near the top of a tree that looks to be about 100 feet tall. I got it stuck there a couple weeks ago when I was visiting there. I live in AZ, so I'm not there now. If you can get it out of the tree, it's yours. The camera dislodged from the I1 after it hit the tree. But the I1 is still there. It was October 9th when this happened. I've included some pics showing where it is, and showing it in the tree. I had it for 3 years, and that was the first and last time that I crashed it. I'm not too proud of the fact, since I'm normally pretty careful. I did something that I knew better than to do, which was flying it backwards without being aware of how close the hill was where it ended up. Yes, the tree is on a hill, about 300 feet from the nearest road. It's a pretty steep and slippery climb. I'm sure it will take another drone to retrieve it. Or if you're lucky, and if there have been strong enough winds, it may have even fallen out of the tree by now, but I doubt it as it seems quite wedged in the tree. But if you're up for a challenge, and would like a free Inspire 1, though maybe a little damaged, than this one is for you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Gary
location of I1.jpgMore close up of location.jpgDrone in tree.jpgClose up of drone 1a.jpg

fly another inspire with a drop mech but put string and a hook. fly over hook it and pull up.... drop mech for if the hook gets too tangled just drop it and fly safely away. btw I have an I1 pro for sale if interested in replacing. no camera though

Reactions: Mixchief
If you live in the Syracuse, NY area, or are willing to travel there, there is an Inspire 1 (minus the camera) stuck near the top of a tree that looks to be about 100 feet tall. I got it stuck there a couple weeks ago when I was visiting there. I live in AZ, so I'm not there now. If you can get it out of the tree, it's yours. The camera dislodged from the I1 after it hit the tree. But the I1 is still there. It was October 9th when this happened. I've included some pics showing where it is, and showing it in the tree. I had it for 3 years, and that was the first and last time that I crashed it. I'm not too proud of the fact, since I'm normally pretty careful. I did something that I knew better than to do, which was flying it backwards without being aware of how close the hill was where it ended up. Yes, the tree is on a hill, about 300 feet from the nearest road. It's a pretty steep and slippery climb. I'm sure it will take another drone to retrieve it. Or if you're lucky, and if there have been strong enough winds, it may have even fallen out of the tree by now, but I doubt it as it seems quite wedged in the tree. But if you're up for a challenge, and would like a free Inspire 1, though maybe a little damaged, than this one is for you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Gary
View attachment 22749View attachment 22750View attachment 22751View attachment 22752
Don't give up. I wrote off my I1, 50' up in a maple tree, 2 mile walk from trail head. I was certain I couldn't climb. It was in a nature preserve, so I couldn't bring my saw and cut the tree down, and no way to bring in machinery. It spent 2 weeks, same position as yours, on its side, through at least two driving rain storms. By chance I found a tree worker who was willing to climb and retrieve. He asked for $100. He was up in a jiffy, and down it came on a rope into my arms, landing like a feather. It had lost two propellers and broke the X5 gimbal at its first joint. When I got home, I popped in a fresh battery and it fired up like new. It cost me $200 to have DJI repair the gimbal. I was shocked and relieved. Good luck.

I had a similar experience with my first drone, a yuneec Q500 4K just not nearly as high but on a branch that wouldn't hold any weight, in fact if it had been the Inspire it probably wpuld have come down on it's own on to the water. Anyway I set out to look for someone with a rope or some sort of long bar to coax it down, the guy closest to me that was looking at me with interest had a pick up truck with a tool box but claimed to have notheing. I had to go baco to the office to retrieve a rope and found a long extension chord that would have been perfect, but by the time I got back, the bird was gonne as well as the guy in the pick up. Live and learn.

Don't give up. I wrote off my I1, 50' up in a maple tree, 2 mile walk from trail head. I was certain I couldn't climb. It was in a nature preserve, so I couldn't bring my saw and cut the tree down, and no way to bring in machinery. It spent 2 weeks, same position as yours, on its side, through at least two driving rain storms. By chance I found a tree worker who was willing to climb and retrieve. He asked for $100. He was up in a jiffy, and down it came on a rope into my arms, landing like a feather. It had lost two propellers and broke the X5 gimbal at its first joint. When I got home, I popped in a fresh battery and it fired up like new. It cost me $200 to have DJI repair the gimbal. I was shocked and relieved. Good luck.
That's a great idea. Next time I'm in the area, if it's still there, I may look for someone who would be able to climb the tree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop