Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Those stupid pop ups in the Pilot App

Reaction score
I really hope that someday there will be some sort of 'EXPERT' mode for the Pilot App.
Getting a bit annoyed with explaining pop ups.
The short messages are OK, but I'd rather see indicators than a message. For the landing gear I would actually like to see a signal light on the Screen that's green when down and red when up, rather than a message that disappears after a sec.

And the huge pop up after pressing RTH that's blocking up your screen during the entire ride back, is especially terrible.
Untitled.png

there is this company with the sdk and are due to release an app for us. you might tell them and they will be able to intergrate the requests. probably would be cool to have it sticky so we can give fast feedback and stay informed...
TE, Mazz???

Reactions: lake_flyer
The message SD Card Full is actually very helpful :)
The reason for RTH in this case. And nearly lost the SD card when I changed it (flee jumping).

there is this company with the sdk and are due to release an app for us. you might tell them and they will be able to intergrate the requests. probably would be cool to have it sticky so we can give fast feedback and stay informed...
TE, Mazz???
I like that idea!

You have anything with 'this company'? :)

unfortunatly no... i can't programm and also i am not affiliated... i just subscribed to their beta test app comming out soon... they are waiting for the ok from appstore... android is also in the start as far as i know...

TE, Mazz???

Lots of stickies up there at the moment (too many,I will do a clean up soon) and they are usually reserved for forum related, or long term threads that do not really expire. That being said, you can always make a specific thread with a detailed title and if it gathers enough attention and lasts long enough, we can sticky it for a short time. Important threads usually stay towards the top anyway. When they do that I give Em a boost to sticky.

I can not say I completely agree though. Many of the pop ups are helpful indicators. I guess it would be nice to be able to select how intrusive they are. Maybe a size or location setting for the pop up itself.

I can not say I completely agree though. Many of the pop ups are helpful indicators. I guess it would be nice to be able to select how intrusive they are. Maybe a size or location setting for the pop up itself.
yea, that would be great.

But the RTH pop up should definitely be 'switch offable' :)

I used to do RTH a lot and use it as a cruise control while panning around and concentrating on the frame. As it is now, with the pop up it's hard to frame at all.

i can not find the the thread with jim (i think) and beta testers topic... but here is another interesti g and i find helpfull constructive idea for them guys.

Needed: LOW ALTITUDE DJI Pilot app software enhancements (including Minimum Altitude setting) - REDUCE CRASHES

SEE ATTACHED PDF in this link:
http://www.unifourpeds.com/Neede ... de_enhancements.pdf

This became more of an issue after I crashed my Inspire 1 at 30+ MPH into a very tall tree after repeated S-turns maneuvers inadvertently dropped be to a lower altitude than expected. I now face an 8 week minimum time before I receive my repaired Inspire back from DJI service. This will force the cancellation of at least 8 -12 planned photo shoot excursions.

Consider these relatively easy DJI Pilot software feature enhancements, most of which are already common on military drones and on manned commercial, military and some civilian aircraft. These needed software enhancements, which would prevent about 95% of such low altitude-related Inspire (and Phantom 3) crashes/accidents or damage to others and to property (and would help to reduce your critical repair backlog of Inspires to repair).

Please seriously consider these additions (or at least some of them). Please help us lobby for these needed software enhancements. This is particularly important in photo/video work, land surveys, and search and rescue operations, where “Map View” is utilized significantly during flight by the actual pilot, and in situation where the camera is not in FPV use or used (taken over) by the second controller (camera) operator, or is down-facing. These are high-risk situations for Inspire (or Phantom 3) survival, especially at distant operation where direct visualization is difficult or obstructed for the pilot of the aircraft or when the camera is in non-FPV flight direction, or being used by another video camera operator.

SEE ATTACHED PDF in this link: http://www.unifourpeds.com/Neede ... de_enhancements.pdf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo