Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tilted Pictures

Reaction score
I have been flying my Inspire 1v2 for a few days now. I purchased it used, and am very happy with it as an upgrade from my P3 Standard.

One of the things I have noticed is there is a tilt in all the pictures. It seems as if the left side of the picture is lower than the right. I have tried calibrating the compass, and gimbal. I spent a bit of time watching the Inspire last night while flying trying to determine if it was level while in flight. It may be a little lower on the left side (although I may be imagining this).

Anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this?

Sean

DJI has been promising to fix this with some add-in gimbal calibration on the I2, but it still happens. For now, I hold in the C2 button and turn the right roller to correct it in flight which also pulls up the green grid lines to help with the leveling. Sometimes it seems like after some warming up during flying it straightens out too. A 90 degree yaw might throw it off as well.

I did have an issue early on where one of my levels wasn't as level as the much longer one on the table where I calibrate them. Could be something there too.

I have been flying my Inspire 1v2 for a few days now. I purchased it used, and am very happy with it as an upgrade from my P3 Standard.

One of the things I have noticed is there is a tilt in all the pictures. It seems as if the left side of the picture is lower than the right. I have tried calibrating the compass, and gimbal. I spent a bit of time watching the Inspire last night while flying trying to determine if it was level while in flight. It may be a little lower on the left side (although I may be imagining this).

Anyone have any thoughts on how to correct this?

Sean
What firmware are you running

AC 1.11.01.50
RC 1.7.80
Camera 1.10.01.40

I think, I wrote it down and I cant remember which is which

Sean

I believe that is a bug in the first version of the 11.50 firmware. Get the most recent version of the 11.50 firmware for the ac and try reloading the ac with it. Make sure all of your batteries are running the newest firmware also. When I first encountered this problem both my x3 and z3 had tilting issues that I had to fix in post. Tried again with the same firmware version on a different card which was a couple weeks after the first firmware flash and this one works fine. Sometimes these little problems are hard to trace down to one specific thing.

I believe that is a bug in the first version of the 11.50 firmware. Get the most recent version of the 11.50 firmware for the ac and try reloading the ac with it. Make sure all of your batteries are running the newest firmware also. When I first encountered this problem both my x3 and z3 had tilting issues that I had to fix in post. Tried again with the same firmware version on a different card which was a couple weeks after the first firmware flash and this one works fine. Sometimes these little problems are hard to trace down to one specific thing.

Thank you. I will do just that.

Sean

Just part of the wonderful world of owning a DJI inspire. Your never gonna get it level all the time, your best bet is to just accept it and fix it in post other wise you will be messing around with trying to keep the image level the whole time. I've got just about every issue on my inspire, from the drone not holding its place in gps , to horizontal camera drift, to images not level, to , out of focus camera on one side(x3) to bad image transmission. I'm done chasing ghosts. Sometimes you have to accept it and move on and get what you can out of it.

Get the aircraft completely level (put a long spirit level across the top of the props in both directions. Then do a cold IMU calibration. Follow this with a gimbal cal. Finally do a compass cal in a nice clean (magnetically) area. See how it works out.

I had this issue on a rental x5r we had but with our own camera it would only do it if i moved the craft around lots roll wise when powered on. Lets hope the new recon fro Dji works fine too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1