Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Time Elapsed 360 Project Advice - Fire Damage

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have an interesting opportunity in the near future and I wanted to put it out there for advice and guidance. Long story short, my home burned down last October and will soon be torn down and then rebuilt. This project will take approximately 6 months from start to finish.

My idea was to use a new DJI aircraft (model to be determined) to fly a set course around the site over the 6 mo period and then create a time elapsed video of the house being torn down and then rebuilt.

I am an expirienced pilot and my Inspire 1 (v2.0) kit was destroyed with everything else in the event.
That said, what is the best way to accomplish this? I have looked the the DJI Ground Station software as well as Lichti. I noticed that GS does not appear to support the Mavic aircraft yet. I was originally thinking the new Mavic Platinum Fly More Combo and DJI Goggles, but I am open to suggestion.

I was thinking of taking video and/or photos orbiting the site. Maybe once or twice a week with the aircraft flying that same exact flight pattern each time. Then, taking both the video and the photos and stitching them together.

Any advice or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

I would get another I1 and do a waypoints course. They are going very cheap now on ebay. You can snag one for $1100. That would give you the most bang for the buck.

I would get another I1 and do a waypoints course. They are going very cheap now on ebay. You can snag one for $1100. That would give you the most bang for the buck.

Thanks.

What about the new Mavic Air? The Fly More combo + the Goggles is $1298. Seems like a big jump in tech for an additional $200.

I think Rufus Blackwell used an Inspire 1 and litchi for his aerial motion control/time lapse footage, there was something posted on this site a few months back, so a search should pull it up for you. He did some time lapse promos for DJI, so a google search would pull them up too.

I think you'll still need to do some manual tweaking and stabilising within post to smooth out the slight positional differences from the separate flights.

I think Rufus Blackwell used an Inspire 1 and litchi for his aerial motion control/time lapse footage, there was something posted on this site a few months back, so a search should pull it up for you. He did some time lapse promos for DJI, so a google search would pull them up too.

I think you'll still need to do some manual tweaking and stabilising within post to smooth out the slight positional differences from the separate flights.

Okay, thank you. I will certainly take a closer look.

Great idea! I would use Autopilot to create and save the flight plan you want to fly, whether it's a simple orbit or a waypoint mission or whatever. Then you just load up the same flight plan every time, engage and sit back and watch it fly. If Litchi allows for saving flight plans then you might be better off with that since Autopilot is so ridiculously buggy.

Great idea! I would use Autopilot to create and save the flight plan you want to fly, whether it's a simple orbit or a waypoint mission or whatever. Then you just load up the same flight plan every time, engage and sit back and watch it fly. If Litchi allows for saving flight plans then you might be better off with that since Autopilot is so ridiculously buggy.

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that it works very well with Lichti since I can save the flight pattern and then repeat on a daily or weekly basis.

Reactions: Ravenflight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool