Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Timelaps with Inspire2

I'm very experienced with hyperlapses on these drones. The Inspire 2 is not a great platform for them. The battery does not last as long as the Phantom or Mavic, and the gimbal drift ruins it anyway.

Back before the gimbal would drift I was interested in trying some with the 25 and 45mm lens for some variety. It was not very successful. The slight movements of the aircraft are exaggerated the longer the lens gets.

Reactions: Mike'S Photo
I'm very experienced with hyperlapses on these drones. The Inspire 2 is not a great platform for them. The battery does not last as long as the Phantom or Mavic, and the gimbal drift ruins it anyway.

Back before the gimbal would drift I was interested in trying some with the 25 and 45mm lens for some variety. It was not very successful. The slight movements of the aircraft are exaggerated the longer the lens gets.

I have a Time Lapse mission coming up in early Dec, and I currently have three Drones/UAV's that I can use:

* DJI Mavic Pro
* Inspire 2 (Zenmuse X5S)
* Matrice 210 (Also can use the X5S)

I was going to originally use the M210 but then got the Inspire 2 and thought that one would be better, which one would you recommend I use? I currently have 4x TB50's & 2x TB55's for the M210 and 6x TB50's for the Inspire 2.

I can't speak for the M210 since I haven't used it. If you get the same gimbal drift that you do on the Inspire 2, I wouldn't use it. I shot this with a Phantom 3 Pro, same sensor as the Mavic Pro. Easy and repeatable.

Reactions: MrTVR
I can't speak for the M210 since I haven't used it. If you get the same gimbal drift that you do on the Inspire 2, I wouldn't use it. I shot this with a Phantom 3 Pro, same sensor as the Mavic Pro. Easy and repeatable.

Very impressive video. Nice job on the editing as well. Now that the gimbal drift issue seems to be fixed (at least for me), I'll give this a shot on my I2.

Reactions: Paul7of8
Mr Mister,
I also have a new gig where I'd like to use my I2 for drone lapse. Almost all the info I've found searching the topic says the I2 has not been working with Litchi, but I'm unclear if that issue has been fixed with recent firmware updates.

What is going to be your app of choice to do time lapses with the I2?

Mr Mister,
I also have a new gig where I'd like to use my I2 for drone lapse. Almost all the info I've found searching the topic says the I2 has not been working with Litchi, but I'm unclear if that issue has been fixed with recent firmware updates.

What is going to be your app of choice to do time lapses with the I2?

I just did a time lapse mission for my local council, I personally used DJI Go 4 and did the following settings

Used Tripod mode for all three days

Thursday: image interval 5 seconds then used After Effects to complete the time lapse

Friday: image interval 2 seconds then used After Effects to complete the time lapse

Had issues with the Inspire 2 moving while doing the still images even in Tripod mode compared to my Matrice 210, there was a slight zoom effect like it was a wave. This was on both I2 & M210.

Saturday: 4K video on Inspire 2 then used iMovies to speed up the video at 20x the speed. This looked the best and was very smooth and easy to do especially with 11 videos to convert.

Just what my experience has been...

I just did a time lapse mission for my local council, I personally used DJI Go 4 and did the following settings

Used Tripod mode for all three days

Thursday: image interval 5 seconds then used After Effects to complete the time lapse

Friday: image interval 2 seconds then used After Effects to complete the time lapse

Had issues with the Inspire 2 moving while doing the still images even in Tripod mode compared to my Matrice 210, there was a slight zoom effect like it was a wave. This was on both I2 & M210.

Saturday: 4K video on Inspire 2 then used iMovies to speed up the video at 20x the speed. This looked the best and was very smooth and easy to do especially with 11 videos to convert.

Just what my experience has been...

Thanks for the info EDCZ.
I'll do some testing soon myself - but I need moving drone and taking stills for time lapse.

Hi there, anyone has an update on this? I have a timelapse sequence coming up with the Inspire 2 on Sunday. Has anyone had the same results when flying in dual op? I've found if you have the secondary controller for the cam op, the gimbal drift issue is reduced. I've also updated to the latest firmware couple of years ago which was supposed to help with the gimbal drift issue, but as I said, this issue is more prominent whilst in Single Op mode.
Also, do you do your timelapses to the SD card or the SSD card also? Does anyone know if you get better results when you got the license key (which I do, for CinemaDNG and ProRes). I know there's an issue when doing photogrammetry (same principle, interval shots), if the drone has the RAW license key, there's an issue with the stills, some are unusable and green. I've had to use an unlicensed drone and shoot to the SD card on intervals and it works fine.
Would love to hear your comments and feedback now, a good few years later!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo