Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Took the Inspire to the Sequoia National Park

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
zqnPSC7.jpg

Video to come.

Reactions: charles hidalgo
Be careful in National Parks as it's illegal and they confiscate your bird and then fine you. That being said, I look forward to your video. It's a shame that they won't allow us to film the most beautiful parts of our country.

Reactions: kc@uav-outlet
Be careful in National Parks as it's illegal and they confiscate your bird and then fine you. That being said, I look forward to your video. It's a shame that they won't allow us to film the most beautiful parts of our country.

It's not illegal but it is against NPS policy to launch from or land on national park lands.

However, it is ok to fly over NPS land if launching and landing outside NPS land. They were explicit in stating this in the rule announcement last year. They make no claim to the airspace over NPS lands.

That may not help you but it is a small distinction worth noting.

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone I did it.

Conflicted love - both for Inspire and for National Parks. Sadly, the two often don't mix. Drones make noise, they can bother people and wildlife, at the very least. I would love to flying either my Inspire or Phantom in Sequoia. But I won't. Our national parks are one of the few remaining spaces not invaded by mechanization. Respects them. Keep your drones out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnmont250
i think i depends on the park. the desert parks in utah for example often have little or no widlife or people for miles, but ya, i agree, we need space for peace and quite from machines.

thats not what im suggesting. just common sense. if theres other noisey stuff going on, then , sure whats the harm. but if you are hiking in the backcountry somewhere, and all you hear is birds and wind, do you want to hear someones esc braking I1? it would be nice if we could choose, and not be banned, but too many dumb asses dont respect the hobby or safety and consideration of others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips