Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Total flight time on a used Inspire?

Reaction score
Hey all. Quick question that I cant seem to find the answer for.

Is there any way to find the total flight time that the I1 has on it? I see that it's recommended to maintenance at about 150 hrs and I would like to know the total hours since the bird was purchased used.
Thanks!

Hi, in the App - user centre - flight record, will give you an answer, how accurate depends if any flights have been deleted. Also DJI might have a record.

150? I thought is was 50hrs, but I could be wrong.

Hi, in the App - user centre - flight record, will give you an answer, how accurate depends if any flights have been deleted.

Still learning myself. From what I have been able to find it's 50 flights?

Best I can figure the app only shows flights since I've owned it. I'm looking for a total from the time it was first purchased by the previous owner/owners.

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'll give that a try I guess. It would make sense that it keeps a lifetime log somewhere in the bird. Just need to know where to find it I guess.

Looks like I need to do a bit more digging on the time for the suggested maintenance too.

I just checked the app and it shows only my flights along with my P3 flights. Just what has been logged to my account.

unlikely if the previous owner cant tell you, flight records is a pretty buggy feature. ive had mine for 8 months and over half my records are gone. For some reason i have two screens of records, one under my username and one under my aircraft name but the totals dont match. Some flights are on both pages and some arent. No one seems to know where they go when you sync them either, the app is the only place where you can view them.

I have seen my total flight time somewhere, and it was the app, that showed far less than the total.
I think that it must have been when downloading the logs from inside the I1 then there was a website that decoded them,,, it must have been an entry in the excel file it created or something like that,

I have seen my total flight time somewhere, and it was the app, that showed far less than the total.
I think that it must have been when downloading the logs from inside the I1 then there was a website that decoded them,,, it must have been an entry in the excel file it created or something like that,
This is what I'm trying to find. There has to be a complete flight log that stays with the bird. Maybe something that a tec would use? The app is just logging my flight time and since I have no idea who the previous owner was because I bought it from B&H that's not an option.
Thanks for the lead of where to look.

This is what I'm trying to find. There has to be a complete flight log that stays with the bird. Maybe something that a tec would use? The app is just logging my flight time and since I have no idea who the previous owner was because I bought it from B&H that's not an option.
Thanks for the lead of where to look.

Hi there all fellow Inspire 1 owners.
My name is Marius from South-Africa.
I have been trying to do a search on finding out the total flying time/operating time on an Inspire 1. I am also in the process of buying a second hand Inspire 1 and need to know what the total flight/ operating time of the craft itself is.

Has anyone been successful in obtaining this info?

Hi there all fellow Inspire 1 owners.
My name is Marius from South-Africa.
I have been trying to do a search on finding out the total flying time/operating time on an Inspire 1. I am also in the process of buying a second hand Inspire 1 and need to know what the total flight/ operating time of the craft itself is.

Has anyone been successful in obtaining this info?
There is no user accessible hours meter on the Inspire and has been mentioned previously the flight log feature is a gimmick and totally unreliable.
Any sensible UAV operator will keep a logbook though of cumulative hours flown. Did the previous owner keep one?

There is no user accessible hours meter on the Inspire and has been mentioned previously the flight log feature is a gimmick and totally unreliable.
Any sensible UAV operator will keep a logbook though of cumulative hours flown. Did the previous owner keep one?

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately the previous owner used the Inspire for hobby purposes and therefore did not keep a proper logbook of the hours used.

Anyway as you have mentioned if there is no means of knowing the exact hours used then I will have to go by what I can see physically on the unit as some sort of guide as to what I will offer him.

Once again thank you for the reply.

I'm a pretty sensible UAV operator, and keeping a logbook had zero purpose until I was required to under commercial rules. I still find it fairly useless, especially with minimal things that are user-serviceable, and no manufacturer-defined service intervals.

Reactions: SultanGris
I'm a pretty sensible UAV operator, and keeping a logbook had zero purpose until I was required to under commercial rules. I still find it fairly useless, especially with minimal things that are user-serviceable, and no manufacturer-defined service intervals.
I guess it's different disciplines - I have kept a flight log (and maintenance logs) on all my aircraft since I started flying collective pitch helicopters. It's a very easy way to check how many hours are on certain parts. I have always changed bearings and other parts out after so many hours.
Once I obtained PFAW the logbook part made no difference to me since I had been doing it for years. :)

Good Evening Editor. Are you using a logbook app for maintenance and flight? If so, what do you use or can you recommend one? A few apps on Google Play and there seems to be mixed reviews on all of them. I'm inclined to ust do old school maintenance logbooks.

Good Evening Editor. Are you using a logbook app for maintenance and flight? If so, what do you use or can you recommend one? A few apps on Google Play and there seems to be mixed reviews on all of them. I'm inclined to ust do old school maintenance logbooks.
I use a very technologically advanced system that is intrinsically linked to me.......
It's called, pen and logbook. :p
Have always used handwritten logs and never had a problem. Easy, concise, and never crashes or needs to be reinstalled or gets corrupted or deleted. Sometimes the simplest ways really are the best. :)

I use a very technologically advanced system that is intrinsically linked to me.......
It's called, pen and logbook. :p
Have always used handwritten logs and never had a problem. Easy, concise, and never crashes or needs to be reinstalled or gets corrupted or deleted. Sometimes the simplest ways really are the best. :)
Old School. I love it. You confirmed my original thought......

Hey all. Quick question that I cant seem to find the answer for.

Is there any way to find the total flight time that the I1 has on it? I see that it's recommended to maintenance at about 150 hrs and I would like to know the total hours since the bird was purchased used.
Thanks!

Would like to know the total hours since the bird was purchased used...

The "odometer" of a DJI aircraft is not stored on the aircraft. Its stored and clouded on operators mobile devices / tablet. Without SkyPixel access to the original owner(s) account it's impossible to know how many flights and feet have been flown. This is why when you demo a used unit it's best having them cloud update their recorded flights and hope they did not use multiple devices they may or may not have been clouded. If they fly 20 flights on a separate tablet and never cloud update they are not accounted for. Hope this makes sense.

Hi, in the App - user centre - flight record, will give you an answer, how accurate depends if any flights have been deleted. Also DJI might have a record.

If you don't do cloud updates DJI does not know your activities. They remain on your device inside the GO app...if you cloud update all associated devices under one SkyPixel account they will accumulate and propagate to match.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop