Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Travel mode - or, the irony of the Inspire 1...

Reaction score
The irony of the Inspire 1...

To put the Inspire 1 into travel mode, make sure it's on a smooth, reflective surface. Like glass. But not glass....<:^/

After 15 minutes of failing miserably at trying to get my Inspire into travel mode on my girlfriend's glass table, I realized that maybe the bottom sensor had something to do with it. So I put a place mat under the sensor. Still no workie. She tries to raise her landing gear completely (my Inspire, not my girlfriend)....hmmmm...

So I thought, "Well...maybe it'll work on the floor." And sure enough, on the tile floor, she goes into travel mode just fine. So let that be a lesson to you:

DJI wants a "smooth like glass" surface, but not glass. Okay...check....<:^/

Well, it makes sense... The sensor needs to see the ground. It sees through the glass... Common sense folks

The irony of the Inspire 1...

To put the Inspire 1 into travel mode, make sure it's on a smooth, reflective surface. Like glass. But not glass....<:^/

She tries to raise her landing gear completely (my Inspire, not my girlfriend)....hmmmm...

So I thought, "Well...maybe it'll work on the floor." And sure enough, on the tile floor, she goes into travel mode just fine. So let that be a lesson to you:

DJI wants a "smooth like glass" surface, but not glass. Okay...check....<:^/
Did the girlfriend go into travel mode or the drone? You need to clarify these things!
Anyway thanks for the great laugh!

Did the girlfriend go into travel mode or the drone? You need to clarify these things!
Anyway thanks for the great laugh!

Please check the clarification in parenthesis.

"She tries to raise her landing gear completely (my Inspire, not my girlfriend)....hmmmm..."

Please check the clarification in parenthesis.

"She tries to raise her landing gear completely (my Inspire, not my girlfriend)....hmmmm..."
I was just being silly, if I offended you or in any way disrespected your lady friend please accept my most humble apology.
Mac.

I always assumed it used the sonar since it's the only way to determine the distance (because unlike the phantom 4, the inspire only have one optical sensor below), so a hard, acousticreflective surface (like glass) should work perfectly, while a soft surface, like a mat, would not work, or at best work really bad. So if it's not working on a glass table, something is wrong with your inspire.

I always assumed it used the sonar since it's the only way to determine the distance (because unlike the phantom 4, the inspire only have one optical sensor below), so a hard, acousticreflective surface (like glass) should work perfectly, while a soft surface, like a mat, would not work, or at best work really bad. So if it's not working on a glass table, something is wrong with your inspire.

The problem with that theory is it works perfectly on the tile floor or the Inspire case - 100% of the time.

Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84