Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trouble reconnecting slave remote

Reaction score
After a few months idle, I am getting my Inspire 1 Raw back in the air.

I successfully upgraded the firmware on the aircraft, camera, and master remote.

But the slave remote just won't play ball. At first, it just beeped red constantly, and I finally figured out that that required an RC calibration. That stopped the beeping.

But now it has a solid purple LED, and in the Remote Controller Settings, when I set it to Slave mode, then touch Search Master, I get nothing in the "Master Remote Controller List".

The master remote is set for Master, and it is connected to the aircraft.

I am guessing that this is because the slave RC is running older firmware. But I am unable to upgrade the firmware on the slave, as it does not display the "Aircraft State" dialog when I start the app. I also tried putting the firmware .BIN file on a USB stick and rebooting with it attached, but nothing.

Any suggestions on how to revive the slave controller?

Thanks.

Oh jeez, I just figured it out.

The Aircraft Status display was not being shown when I started the Go app. I forgot that I had to press the Aircraft Disconnected message to bring it up. Because of course you touch a status message to bring up an unrelated display, which is not accessible from any of the menus.

That allowed me to upgrade the software on the slave controller. Once I restarted, recalibrated, and restarted again, it's all working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo