Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Two Batteries, One AC Mod

Why is it that some people have the need to hold onto outdated and non supported hardware? A Mavic 2 pro performs better than the Inspire 1 does/did.

Why is it that some people have the need to hold onto outdated and non supported hardware? A Mavic 2 pro performs better than the Inspire 1 does/did.
They can be a good value. I got an Inpsire 1 with X5R, two controllers, three batteries (all in good condition), and two SSDs for less than a used M2P would have cost me. Added on the TB48 LIPO mod and I have close to Inspire 2 capabilities for significantly less than $2,000.

They can be a good value. I got an Inpsire 1 with X5R, two controllers, three batteries (all in good condition), and two SSDs for less than a used M2P would have cost me. Added on the TB48 LIPO mod and I have close to Inspire 2 capabilities for significantly less than $2,000.
You nailed it. The Inspire 1 can shoot RAW AND operate in dual operator mode. The Mavic 2 doesn't even come close to that.

D

Plus there's something to be said for the satisfaction of picking up kit that cost around $16,000 new for less than $2,000. ? #ILoveDepreciation
Absolutely. The admission price for getting aerial RAW these days is well over $10K. I firmly believe the Inspire 1 is still a viable drone. I use mine multiple times a month every month.

D

Absolutely. The admission price for getting aerial RAW these days is well over $10K. I firmly believe the Inspire 1 is still a viable drone. I use mine multiple times a month every month.

D
It also helps that I'm already bought into M43 with a Panasonic G7 (aging, but still usable) with a few lenses. Seriously considering a BMPCC 4k.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hi Guys, my very first post so please be gentle...

I've just picked up an Inspire 1 v2 here in Ireland for very little money with the same mindset as mentioned. Its an awesome bit of kit that newer, more expensive drones can't come close to.

However, I have two decent TB48 batteries and one not so good TB47. You mentioned a LiPo mod and I wondered if anyone is able to.point me in the right direction with regards to said Mod? Also, is this a good strong alternative to the OEM and does it outperform?

Again, please be gentle... ??

Reactions: PapaChop83
Hi Guys, my very first post so please be gentle...

I've just picked up an Inspire 1 v2 here in Ireland for very little money with the same mindset as mentioned. Its an awesome bit of kit that newer, more expensive drones can't come close to.

However, I have two decent TB48 batteries and one not so good TB47. You mentioned a LiPo mod and I wondered if anyone is able to.point me in the right direction with regards to said Mod? Also, is this a good strong alternative to the OEM and does it outperform?

Again, please be gentle... ??

Hey, welcome to the forum! Here's what I went with:

This battery adapter: DJI Inspire Battery Mod TB48 (Black) - FlyHighUSA
This mount: Dual Battery Mounting Plate For Inspire - FlyHighUSA
Six of these: https://amzn.to/2ZYqtqf
This charger: https://amzn.to/3ENvPUv

I can get about 28 minutes of flight time with an X5R in good conditions, or closer to 20 minutes in as windy as is safe (25mph or so). The X5R weighs a good bit more than the X3, so you would see better flight times.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreadLock

Six of these: Amazon.com: HRB 1800mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo Battery with XT60 Plug for SAB380 Align 470 ALZRC Devil 380 480 RC Helicopter Airplane Cars Truck Buggy Truggy Multicopter Drones : Toys & Games
This charger: HRB 1800mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo Battery with XT60 Plug for SAB380 Align 470 ALZRC Devil 380 480 RC Helicopter Airplane Cars Truck Buggy Truggy Multicopter Drones

I can get about 28 minutes of flight time with an X5R in good conditions, or closer to 20 minutes in as windy as is safe (25mph or so). The X5R weighs a good bit more than the X3, so you would see better flight times.
That's great information there and really, thanks a lot for that. That looks like a great workaround...

Reactions: PapaChop83

Six of these: Amazon.com: HRB 1800mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo Battery with XT60 Plug for SAB380 Align 470 ALZRC Devil 380 480 RC Helicopter Airplane Cars Truck Buggy Truggy Multicopter Drones : Toys & Games
This charger: HRB 1800mAh 6S 22.2V 50C LiPo Battery with XT60 Plug for SAB380 Align 470 ALZRC Devil 380 480 RC Helicopter Airplane Cars Truck Buggy Truggy Multicopter Drones

Can you please provide the charger link, you listed the amazon battery link 2x. Thanks!
(Fellow Inspire 1- Pro X5R flyer) New Mavic 3 is a joke! MFT sensor without interchangeable lenses for $5K...., and no removable SSD? come on DJI! At least Xdynamics is offering Cfast cards w/pro res and interchangeable lenses on their new drone for $4k.

Can you please provide the charger link, you listed the amazon battery link 2x. Thanks!
(Fellow Inspire 1- Pro X5R flyer) New Mavic 3 is a joke! MFT sensor without interchangeable lenses for $5K...., and no removable SSD? come on DJI! At least Xdynamics is offering Cfast cards w/pro res and interchangeable lenses on their new drone for $4k.

Sorry about that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters