Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK based Flight Training School/Academy

Would you have an interest in a Flight Training School/Academy - Working towards PFAW?

• Yes - Very Interested and I want to work towards my PFAW

• Yes - Very Interested but I do not want to work towards PFAW

• Yes - Interested but only for a couple of hours/1/2 day training session

• No - No interest in either training or working towards my PFAW

Results are only viewable after voting.
I cant believe youve just posted this on a forum ive just joined haha. Ive literally just gone through the idea of this and doing a course very similar. As a professional helicopter pilot as my day job and having just got my pfaw off to caa last month, I thought people would benefit from a half day ground school practice and a half day flying practice. I have the use of an industrial site for flying close proximity, a bunch of farm houses I can use and having been a flying instructor, i'd planned on doing a day course for £250 and take 2-3 prospective trainees through the basics. I'd cover the very basics and provide training material for the full course, working in conjunction with a residential training facility.

The market will quickly saturate but I guess theres still no harm in me trying. Strategically placed training centres will help. I'm in North Lincs.
Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Well I originally floated the idea back in October last year since I figured there are many out there who might like the idea of gaining their PFAW but were reluctant to spend the £2,500 plus if it 'wasn't for them' at the end of the day.
I am central Linc's just off the A1.
I have secured conference facilities (for the ground theory) with flying areas on site as well as accommodation on site as well.
So you're saying......you' re stealing my idea then?
Careful.....I control the power of the ban! :p
Only joking, its a free market/world.

My apologies. I'll just have to stick to my day job, but i do think the plan is very valid. Having been through the 'mill' I definitely think theres a market for it. I'll not be advertising on here then (edit my post as you see fit) but having spent the last couple of months setting it all up I need to at least try and see if it will work. I wish you luck :) Cheers

My apologies. I'll just have to stick to my day job, but i do think the plan is very valid. Having been through the 'mill' I definitely think theres a market for it. I'll not be advertising on here then (edit my post as you see fit) but having spent the last couple of months setting it all up I need to at least try and see if it will work. I wish you luck :) Cheers
No worries.....
There could be possible collaboration of course :p

Reactions: Phatzo
Hiya ED what dates do you currently have available?

Last edited:
Guys - there are currently 19 of you who have shown an interest in a course with working towards PFAW in mind.
Can I please ask that you contact me to work out some course dates?

Thanks. :)

Hi, any dates coming up in the near future for a half day flying course? I have the basics down (can hover in ATTI in any orientation and have started basic maneuvres in ATTI too), but I'm not comfortable doing my flight assessment yet. Everything else is done! :p

Hi, any dates coming up in the near future for a half day flying course? I have the basics down (can hover in ATTI in any orientation and have started basic maneuvres in ATTI too), but I'm not comfortable doing my flight assessment yet. Everything else is done! :p
hi,

Have you got your Ground School and Ops manual all done and dusted?

I wont have anything until May (probably towards the end of) - Drop me a PM if you are interested. Everything so far has been PFAW full day so I have not done any 1/2 day session yet. If there are any potential candidate out there who would be interested in the 1/2 day then please shout (I cant run it for just one candidate unfortunately)

Final prices are:

Days Training working towards PFAW - £399
Days Training non PFAW orientated - £325
3 Hours (Best Practice/Safer Flying) - £245

The full days courses include lunch and of course lots of tea and coffee. :)

I would be very interested when I am in that part of the world around July. I fly and work in silly countries with no rules or draconian regulations, but would appreciate the rounding up of knowledge and of course anything that goes towards paperwork to justify what I do to authorities would be of help. The irony is, responsible people jump through hoops to satisfy unrealistic regulations and cowboys just fly. Sadly at the moment, I would be considered a cowboy because of this attitude.

I would be very interested when I am in that part of the world around July. I fly and work in silly countries with no rules or draconian regulations, but would appreciate the rounding up of knowledge and of course anything that goes towards paperwork to justify what I do to authorities would be of help. The irony is, responsible people jump through hoops to satisfy unrealistic regulations and cowboys just fly. Sadly at the moment, I would be considered a cowboy because of this attitude.
im same- treated as a cowboy!, ill be over from nz to stay with the inlaws near newark at the end of the month for 3 weeks if any thing is happening around then.

Hi,
I too would be interested. As a side issue I have a photographic hire studio based on a 5 acre non-working farm just outside Leeds which we often hire out to companies for product launch's and training days. We have lots of space and there are several hotels etc nearby so if you have future need to run a course in Leeds please bear us in mind. Please check out the facilities on our website: www.positiveimage.co/studio-hire.php
Many thanks

I'm a newbie and I am interested in this, I'm in Chesterfield and would travel for it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido