Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unlock altitude in not-NFZ zone

Reaction score
Hi!
I need help.

I received FAA autorization for none-LAANC zero-altitude zone with the allowed celling of 300ft.

I'm flying Inspire-2 via DJIGO4. According to DJI, this is not an NFZ but this area is limited to 196ft.

So, how can I unlock my ceiling? Because it is not an NFZ, the standard license unlocking instruction doesn't work.

Any ideas?

SO frustrating that DJI's Geo Fencing in not in sync with the LAANC and FAA restrictions. I ran into a situation a while ago where I had approval via Airmap to fly, and my I2 would not get off the ground. LAANC is in boxes, and DJI Geo Fencing is circles. DJI needs to dump geo fencing for commercial users with FAA Part 107 certification. There is no reason any of us would risk our Part 107 by flying where we were not supposed to. Sorry about your issues.....

Reactions: sdunwell
Indeed - the LAANC grid does NOT align with the NFZ circles. My city (Boston) has both overlapping, with different rules & protocols. Since you have the FAA authorization to fly in a zero-box, take that document to DJI/flysafe and "Custom Unlock" a small circle that includes the site FAA has given you. I do this at least one day ahead, so the Unlock is ready to be uploaded to the aircraft. Complicated, but it works..BTW - be sure to cancel the unlock when you leave that location, because it will prevent operation in the next place you try.

Reactions: JCFP
Good idea sdunwell. I was in a bit of a rush on a project and did not discover the conflict until I tried to launch. I was stuck with trying to do it onsite, and for some crazy reason DJI would not recognize my aircraft and ability to do it then. I fought with it for over an hour and finally had to bag it. BUT, the Mavic worked fine. In fact the Mavic did not spot the conflict. Totally weird. I contacted DJI and they said it was my iPhone. Nope, all updates were there and it simply would not deal with it. I moved a bit further away (I was real close to the line) and slapped on a 25mm lens and got my shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669