Unsteady Hover After Small Crash - What to Check?

Reaction score
I had a small crash in my Inspire 1. The prop hit a street sign, broke, and the drone flew into some tall grass. I replaced all props and also the quick snap on plate which looked a little stressed.

Everything else on the drone feels fine. It flies great, but when sitting in hover it drifts a couple of feet in all directions including elevation.

Any recommendations in things to look at? Perhaps one of the booms is a little loose or got rotated in slightly? Maybe there's a way to check if the motor position got slightly altered?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Always do an IMU calibration (on a cold aircraft) after any kind of crash. The accelerometers do not like sudden shocks.
Calibrate IMU and try again.

P.S. Drifting by a couple of weeks is a LONG way!!!

Reactions: lrh111
Always do an IMU calibration (on a cold aircraft) after any kind of crash. The accelerometers do not like sudden shocks.
Calibrate IMU and try again.

P.S. Drifting by a couple of weeks is a LONG way!!!

Forgot to mention that I did a full IMU calibration. I will do it again.

Also I better fix my typo, lol.

Reactions: The Editor
Look very closely at the arms and where they pivot inside on the pins for damage.

It don't take a lot to damage one

Look very closely at the arms and where they pivot inside on the pins for damage.

It don't take a lot to damage one

Ok will do. The Inspire seemed to do better this weekend after another IMU calibration on the garage floor. But still not perfect.