Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unusual Battery Behavior x 2

Reaction score
Went flying this morning to get in more practice. Had the following experience:

Battery #1 (they are numbered) "battery life" showed to be 100% performed as expected.

Battery #2 showed that it's "battery life" has dropped to 88%!

Battery #3 was plugged into the Inspire 1. Only the two middle LEDs came on: the 2nd LED was lit continuously, the 3rd LED flickered very fast. I checked the battery menu and it showed the battery as having 0% charge. It should have been close to 100%! I attempted to turn it off--would not happen. After a few seconds I tried again, still couldn't turn it off.

As I stood there debating what to do, I decided to simply pull it out of copter (feared the possibility of shorting something by doing so). As I reached down to remove it, all four LEDs came on with the top one flashing. The menu indicated it had a 85% charge and a "battery life" of 100%.

I went ahead and, flying low and close by, flew the battery down to 30%. No further issues!

TWO QUESTIONS:

#1: I've tried to be very careful with these batteries. All three have been charged and flown on a rotation basis. Why would one suddenly drop to a battery life of 88%?

#2 Does anyone have any idea as to what happened with battery #3 as described above?

TIA!

Had the firmware been updated in that specific battery? If not the crazy behavior for the first few minutes could have been the firmware updating.

Very cold, bad cell? You've checked battery life and history, what about a deep discharge?

I assume you've pushed the red button for cycle life. And got on DJI chat. Apart from that sounds like a duff battery, can you check it with voltmeter? Hope you get it sorted.

No, haven't talked with DJI yet. Was hoping someone here might have some insight. Will give it more time, then reach out to DJI.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I had a battery where I could not turn off the drone. Sent it back to store and will get a new one, becouse they found that it was wrong on that battery.
Have not got it yet, since they did not have any in stock..

What do your battery logs say?

If that's the same thing as "History" in the battery section of the Pilots App, it showed "Normal" in all the entries. The one exception was with Battery #1, it showed in the first few entries, in red, there were various issues with overcharging and discharging (can't recall the exact wording). But I've never had any issues with #1. :confused:

Battery #2, with the sudden drop to 88% of Battery Life, shows nothing but normal from beginning to end.

Or were you referring to something else I've missed?

If that's the same thing as "History" in the battery section of the Pilots App, it showed "Normal" in all the entries. The one exception was with Battery #1, it showed in the first few entries, in red, there were various issues with overcharging and discharging (can't recall the exact wording). But I've never had any issues with #1. :confused:

Battery #2, with the sudden drop to 88% of Battery Life, shows nothing but normal from beginning to end.

Or were you referring to something else I've missed?

No that was it. I honestly think it was a fluke. But I would do at least a few more test hovers just to be on the safe side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry