Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Update directly from 1.4 to 1.6 ??

Reaction score
I´m currently on firmware 1.4 and want to upgrade to 1.6, can i jump directly to 1.6 or do i need to upgrade to 1.5 before upgrading to 1.6?

I remember ones Inspire 1 update were you needed to upgrade to next version before upgrading to the one after that.

Anybody knows the answer to my question?

Not sure what to tell you but I would think it would be better to update to 1.5 first as not to leave a chance for a problem to occur between the updates. I want to go back one update as to keep the altitude slider that disengages the altitude limit set point. As I hear from a reputable source, in just a couple of updates the FAA is going to mandate that DJI sets the max. altitude limit at 120 (400 ft.) as the maximum to make sure no one has the ability to fly above the legal limit of 400 ft. In my last update the disengage slider was removed and the maximum limit is set at 500 meters. 120 meters max is on the way!

Last edited:
Not sure what to tell you but I would think it would be better to update to 1.5 first as not to leave a chance for a problem to occur between the updates. I want to go back one update as to keep the altitude slider in 1.4 that disengages the altitude limit set point. As I hear from a reputable source, in just a couple of updates the FAA is going to mandate that DJI sets the max. altitude limit at 120 (400 ft.) as the maximum to make sure no one has the ability to fly above the legal limit of 400 ft. In 1.5 the disengage slider was removed and the maximum limit is set at 500 meters. 120 meters max is on the way!

Sorry what? The limit has always been 500 meters height max for the inspire?

Sorry what? The limit has always been 500 meters height max for the inspire?

Before the firmware update removed the altitude slider that disengaged the settings my bird had been flown to 2600 ft. with no problem. We were flying in the valley at Black Mountain NC and skirting up the slope of seven sisters mountain mountain. That's well above the 1640 ft. or 500 meters.

Look in the DJI aircraft specs and it says: Maximum service ceiling above sea level is 4500 meters (software default set at 120 meters)

Last edited:
I´m currently on firmware 1.4 and want to upgrade to 1.6, can i jump directly to 1.6 or do i need to upgrade to 1.5 before upgrading to 1.6?

I remember ones Inspire 1 update were you needed to upgrade to next version before upgrading to the one after that.

Anybody knows the answer to my question?

You will be fine to update from 1.4 to 1.6..

Before the firmware update removed the altitude slider that disengaged the settings my bird had been flown to 2600 ft. with no problem. We were flying in the valley at Black Mountain NC and skirting up the slope of seven sisters mountain mountain. That's well above the 1640 ft. or 500 meters.

Look in the DJI aircraft specs and it says: Maximum service ceiling above sea level is 4500 meters (software default set at 120 meters)
The limit is and has always been 500 meters from where you take off

Because you turned off the altitude limit, which isn't an option after the 1.6 FW update, and the purpose of the above users stopping or going back to 1.5. Prior to 1.6, you could set your altitude at whatever you wanted, or off (or default to 400-ft/500meters). Now you only get the default option I believe (I haven't upgraded to FW ver. 1.6 for this reason).

You are confusing AGL and ASL.
The Inspires maximum operating altitude because of air density is rated at 14,760ft or 4,500m. Nothing to do with above take off point which has always been 1,640ft or 500m irrespective of the software slider. Your were not able to set a limit greater than 500m in the box on the app. It was coded into the firmware and took precedence over any setting, so even if you left the slider off and set no height limit it was still pegged at 500m from take off point.
However, there was a bug in the SDK which allowed some third party apps to fly above this limitation and this has now been addressed.

Hmm, after reading another thread on this forum I'm not so sure if i should update to 1.6 or even to 1.5? It seems as there are more than a few people that wants to revert back to 1.4 or earlier?

Should i maybe stay on 1.4?

Why does people don't want to be on 1.5 or 1.6, what has been changed by DJI in those firmwares that makes people want to revert back to earlier firmwares?

Okay, so is there a map where i can see the current NFZ or geofencing or whatever DJI calls it?
Since the old map that shows the NFZ says that one is only for Phantom 2

And has the increase in NFZ been happening in Firmware 1.5 or 1.6?

I just made an order for the DJI OSMO Handle kit, do i need to be on Firmware 1.5 on the craft / X3 camera to be able to use the X3 camera with the OSMO?

I just made an order for the DJI OSMO Handle kit, do i need to be on Firmware 1.5 on the craft / X3 camera to be able to use the X3 camera with the OSMO?
It's in the release notes!
Yes - v1.5.0.30 added X3 compatibility to the Osmo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont